started on reloading

USMC SNIPER

hey im new to posting but have read a lot
the only rifle i have is a .270WSM Savage 12fvss. and since im a kid (15) the ammo is too expensive.My dad isnt interested in rifle shooting but i am. I'm in CT and there arent any long range ranges that are open to the public. BUT im looking for a press and die set that is affordable and not a total piece. and advice is appretiated
thanks god bless

for economy's sake, check out the equipment that Lee offers -- they make the best budget stuff out there.
wink.gif

HTH,
JB

doc-

I'm living in Southington , and my cousin that i shoot with the most is in Bristol.

ive been looking around on some site for presses and the components and was wondering if the treads for all the dies are interchangable like a hornady press with bonanza dies?
thanks aaron
God Bless

Shooter,
Where in CT are you? I'm in the Groton area. As for reloading stuff check the Frankford Arsenal SS Press at Midway. I've got one and it's solid like rock but less $$$ than RCBS.

Tip: Buy good dies now and save money later, Fortser or Redding.

Since I have discovered the mysteries of the ogive w/ a Stoney Point Comparator the need for a micrometer seating die has become overwhelming. My groups have also been cut measurably which is significant because they were MOA or slightly less
grin.gif
. Give me a shout and depending on where your at I can hook you up w/ some good people here in CT.

Cheers
cool.gif

Yup most all the dies are in the standard thread pitch, (7/8 X 14 I think). If your not sure just ask before you drop the $$$.

Cheers
cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.