Stable powders

The 185 GMX bullets will be going out to dealers in August. I had to buy 4 boxes of factory Superformance at $45 a box to prepare for my elk hunt in Oct. The factory ammo is shooting MOA out of my Savage. I still need to shoot it at 300+ yards to verify the lines on the scope.

Thanks whit, good to know. I ordered my 4 boxes of 225 GMX from Cabelas Feb 2010. Then after Horney cancelled the MFG of the 225s I added that 4 to my Nov 2010 GMX185 order of 4, so I will get 400 pills some day. Yea, I had to do same as you in getting the GMX ammo and Nellie taught me some things by accident about not cleaning after every shot. I will be shooting the 185 GMX factory ammo this year 3rd Rifle CO. 18th year, same Mts, different speed and super dirty barrel.:)

Sure hope someone comes up with some actual knowledge from using Superformance in a temp swing of 95 degrees down to ZERO degrees soon.

I originally wanted to use the 225gr GMX and had bought 200 count of 225 gr SST 2nds for load work up. Then, Horn. screwed me and discontinued the 225 GMX. With having 2 young kids in the house I am switching over to "unleaded" to limit the risk to the kids.
I did get some load info from Hornady for loading the 185's. It is from the new 8th edition manual. I can email a copy to you if you want.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.