If it is stable at 100 yards is it stable at 800 yards

10point

I shoot a 165gr Matrix out of a 270 WSM with a 1.95 twist at 3083 ft per sec with a .4 MOA at 100 yds. As the projectile looses velocity at 800 yds wills the stability also diminish. Do I need a faster twist for long distant stability and accuracy?

I shoot a 165gr Matrix out of a 270 WSM with a 1.95 twist at 3083 ft per sec with a .4 MOA at 100 yds. As the projectile looses velocity at 800 yds wills the stability also diminish. Do I need a faster twist for long distant stability and accuracy?
Contrary to what you, or I, would think, the rotation of a bullet barely diminishes even at 1000yrds, although velocity drops off in comparison rather quickly the RPM hardly changes, even when the bullet drops below the sound barrier it stays pretty constant.
So, no, you do not need a faster twist for longer ranges.

Cheers.
gun)

As velocity drops your stability actually improves to a point as drag drops. You should be fine at 800. It's once bullets go subsonic at extreme ranges that they start tumbling.

Depends on what your shooting , what the twist is and the bc of the bullet and velocity