Spotting Scope Choices

CK1

I'm in the market for a spotting scope. The one I have, Burris, was a freebie and not even good enough for range work. I'm looking for something much better that I'll hunt with and use at the range.

I'm looking at the regulars, Swarovski, Zeiss, Leica, etc.

Any experience with these or thoughts?

Thanks.

I have the Burris Landmark 15x45x60 and although I am sure it won't even remotly compare with the likes of the higher $$$$ Swarovski, Zeiss, Leica it actually is quite good for a spotting scope under $500.
1210880434.5451.jpg

When I am guiding Hunts and at the range I use a Swarovski ATS 80 Spotting Scope 20-60x Eyepiece. For tactical situations I use the Leupold Mark 4 12-40x60 and a USO 15-40x60 Spotting scope. Both tactical scopes I use an ARD.

I think that along with the big three that you are considering you should not overlook the Pntax PF80ED or the Pentax PF65ED II. These are awesome scopes and Pentax eyepieces are amoung the finest available, not to mention that you would be saving yourself a considerable amount of money

I'm in the market for a spotting scope. The one I have, Burris, was a freebie and not even good enough for range work. I'm looking for something much better that I'll hunt with and use at the range.

I'm looking at the regulars, Swarovski, Zeiss, Leica, etc.

Any experience with these or thoughts?

Thanks.

Check out the Kowa 821M with the fixed 27MM eyepiece.

One of the best for what you are wanting to do with it. You won't have to second guess the purchase. Both together going for around $785 shipped.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.