• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

spotters or binos, help needed and QUESTIONS

dave1

I am considering adding a pair of spacemasters to my glassing gear. i got a few questions hopefully someone can answer?
I know kevin at mcr among others have brackets sometimes, can someone tell me what other brands of spotters will work in ANY of the brackets guys are making? will most the 60mm ones work or they strictly for the spacemasters? Is there a problem using "say" 2 eyepieces that are both marked 25x but arent a matched set?
Also , if other 60mm scopes will work, is there any brands besides balscope sr, spacemasters,kowa's that have fixed removeable eyepieces? I read and was told that the variable eyepieces are no good for this.. are the variable eyepieces that bad or are the ones being made now a days much better than once before? money is a big factor for me also being disabled. spacemasters are not waterproof but i rarely glass in the rain so i dont think thats a huge factor. i can pickup spacemasters for around 150, so that'd be around 300 for the spotters plus the bracket,hardware, eyepiece's i have been quoted anywhere from 900-1200 for a "set"
Has anyone tried Oberwerk's deluxe 28-110's ? If so whatcha think? I want another decent set of Binos or spotters by next hunting season .
1, anyone have any sets for sale?
2. If i bought the bracket myself, is it really that difficult to build a set and try to save a few dollars? I'm not a machinest but i'm no idiot .

hmm, guess nobody glasses besides me ! come on guys , please read and respond with any info...

I am considering adding a pair of spacemasters to my glassing gear. i got a few questions hopefully someone can answer?
I know kevin at mcr among others have brackets sometimes, can someone tell me what other brands of spotters will work in ANY of the brackets guys are making? will most the 60mm ones work or they strictly for the spacemasters? Is there a problem using "say" 2 eyepieces that are both marked 25x but arent a matched set?
Also , if other 60mm scopes will work, is there any brands besides balscope sr, spacemasters,kowa's that have fixed removeable eyepieces? I read and was told that the variable eyepieces are no good for this.. are the variable eyepieces that bad or are the ones being made now a days much better than once before? money is a big factor for me also being disabled. spacemasters are not waterproof but i rarely glass in the rain so i dont think thats a huge factor. i can pickup spacemasters for around 150, so that'd be around 300 for the spotters plus the bracket,hardware, eyepiece's i have been quoted anywhere from 900-1200 for a "set"
Has anyone tried Oberwerk's deluxe 28-110's ? If so whatcha think? I want another decent set of Binos or spotters by next hunting season .
1, anyone have any sets for sale?
2. If i bought the bracket myself, is it really that difficult to build a set and try to save a few dollars? I'm not a machinest but i'm no idiot .
I have a set I will sell.where are you located. [email protected]

George I appreciate your response and offer. They spacemasters, what color tag on them ? Sunshade?
I just acquired a like new spacemaster with the 22w lens. It's appears sharp. I haven't got to look through it yet tho. Neat tag inside it, says something like, engineered for excellence for American and Russian space exploration . I may b off on the wording but it's neat! I am mainly now looking for some eyepiece's George, do you have a 20x 40x or 22W you'd part with to help a fellow LRH!?