Spider bull w/pics

Re: Spider bull

think i can find one like that this weekend in the Unitas ???? probably not
\but that is one incredible animal

Re: Spider bull

Here is a picture of the bull.

Motrapper: I wish you luck in your elk hunt. Here in washington you have to be drawn in order to hunt big bulls (at least where I hunt) and I wasn't this year, sooooo I get to hunt a spike. Oh well, I still wouldn't miss it for the world.

Awesome bull. Too bad it was a "mossturd" bull. Would have been so much nicer without his emblem tattooed all over everything.

BTW, How many "guides" does it take to kill a bull? Reminds me of the joke, "how many blondes does it take to screw in a lightbulb? What a joke!

There is a lot of controversy over that bull. And with Mossback being involved, it sure brings out the doubt of legitiamacy.

On a brighter note. I have talked to Denny Allstead, and he is a heck of a nice guy. I hope everything is on the up and up.

It's AMAZING what money can buy.

Enough money to pay the army hunting it.

Regardless, it's a great bull to say the least.

That bull makes me proud to be from Utah, mossback doesn't.

I read on another forum that they were kicked off some private land so they crossed on to the public land in order to not get the cops called on them, and that is when they spotted the bull.

Now, I do not know how true these comments are, but talk about luck.

The thing that really makes me sick about a thread like this is the doyle moss factor (the proliferation of trophy game collectors that are not true sportsmen or hunters, just a bunch of rich people trying to out do a bunch of other rich people for bragging rite's and paying doyle and his henchmen to keep true hunter's and sportsmen at bay until the trophy is collected).
UB

I take it that mossback is not very well liked around here???? First i have heard of them. Tell the story i would like to here what they are doing to make every one not like them.

Oh where to start? The list is so long. If you look at most Mossback trophy photos they will have ten or eleven guides in the pic along with the guy that actually did the shooting. The guides should just be called herders, because that's what they do. With the Spidey bull, Doyle Moss had guides surrounding and trying to keep it in a canyon before they even had a client to shoot it. They were there everyday watching it. He did get a trespassing ticket for the private property issue that someone else stated.
Othere guys have had him blocking public roads with there vehicles so no one else would scare away "his" bull.

The guy is just in it for the $$$$ and he gets lots of it anyway he can.

It's always a hot topic on local Utah forums when his name pops up.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.