• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Speer I think.. 6.5 140 gr Bonded factory seconds

Sure does get on your fingers

Attachments

• 20210115_174544.jpg
    20210115_174544.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • 20210115_174500.jpg
    20210115_174500.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75

While I know that the Gold Dots and Deep Curls are not the same profile, they seem to be similarly constructed. It appears, as stated in this article by the Speer rep, that the Boron Nitride coating would make it a little safer to use standard load data, as it's not just the "sticky" copper jacket. That being said, BE SAFE everyone, there are enough bullets in these batches to burn an extra 10-20 with reduced loads to make sure.

This is what arrived today ☹️ Not very happy with my purchase this time around and I didn't have this type of residue on my fingers last month. It was clean Bullets and I was very happy. I don't even want to touch these as my hands are black with some unknown substance. Is it bad for your respiratory system? I don't want to find out!!! Very unhappy to say!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
This is what arrived today ☹️ Not very happy with my purchase this time around and I didn't have this type of residue on my fingers last month. It was clean Bullets and I was very happy. I don't even want to touch these as my hands are black with some unknown substance. Is it bad for your respiratory system? I don't want to find out!!! Very unhappy to say!!
B-Lot can you post a picture of what Midway sent you last month for the same product?

Also those familiar with boron nitrided bullets, is this what they look like? To me this looks like graphite. For what reason, I have no idea.

I echo that request, @B-LOT Banga , please! In scouring the web, it looks like HBN bullets look like the wiped-off versions of what you guys have received. Just trying to deduce what they *most likely* are, and maybe Speer or Midway might be able to shed some light on it. The article I linked about Speer Gold Dots has a quote from the Speer rep that HBN isn't harmful to health, as it's been in the cosmetic/makeup industry for a long time. Now, whether or not you start wearing makeup after shooting these.........well, that's another thread topic altogether.

Speer got back with me, but the only data they had on that bullet was for a boron nitride coated version in 260 Rem.
Would you mind sharing the load data Speer gave you for boron coated in the .260?

Would you mind sharing the load data Speer gave you for boron coated in the .260?
As requested. Disclaimer...I don't believe these Midway seconds are actually Boron Nitride Coated.

Attachments

• DC391FA9-E068-4B35-9777-8F7CC3F98C02.jpeg
    DC391FA9-E068-4B35-9777-8F7CC3F98C02.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 61
The material on these bullets is not hazardous. My order is suppose to arrive Monday , maybe, because it is a holiday. I will be shooting these thru a 260 Rem & a 6.5x06. Both of these rifles are very accurate with just about any bullet I have tried in them. Don't expect any difference from these bullets, but will be a great comparison. I fully expect great performance. See no reason why not.

With respect to rifle bullets.

DeepCurls are Speers first generation obsolete flat base electroplated "bonded" bullet with supposed excess pressure issues.

Gold Dot are Speers current boat tail electroplated "bonded" bullet that's had a good record for at least 5 years. I personally haven't used these, but I believe they are HBN coated. Fusions are just Vista Outdoors name for the same bullet without HBN coating sold under their Federal brand.

Last edited: