Speer Deep Curl

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by drwindmill, Jan 22, 2014.

1. drwindmill

drwindmill Well-Known Member

Has Speer discontinued the Deep Curl? It is my favorite deer bullet and I can't find them anywhere in any caliber.

2. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

sort of looks that way... they were suposed to replace the fb hot core but midway has the fb hotcore in stock and no mention of deepcurl unless you google it then they say discontinued. check out the user reviews; one says discontinued... the other says no...

Speer DeepCurl Bullets 30 Cal (308 Diameter) 165 Grain Bonded Soft

3. ArchAngelCD

ArchAngelCD Active Member

I see nothing on the Speer site about the Deep Curl bullets being discontinued.
    Speer Bullets - DeepCurl

You can always call them and ask: 866-286-7436

4. drwindmill

drwindmill Well-Known Member

They told me they are no longer offering the bullet in component form.

5. RT2506

RT2506 Well-Known Member

I have not seen any Speer bullets of any kind in a loooooooog time. I believe that they sale everything that they have been making to ammo makers. The Fusion ammo has the deep curl bullets loaded in it.

6. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

The Fusion Ammo that I am aware of are Boat tails. The Deep Curl is a Flat Base & looks like they use it in the Federal "Deer Thug" ammo. Both types have the same bonding process. It could be that these 2 ammo's are taking up the production for now, possibly the same way Hornady has a temporary halt on some bullets. As a side note, I don't think "Deer Thug" is a good name for our sport, yea I know they are good guys.

7. RSAboy

RSAboy New Member

Speer confirmed in an e-mail to me that the Deepcurl bullet has been discontinued.