Deep Curl

The only thing I've shot with them is paper.I tried some 150's in my 270 and 165 and 180's in various 30 cal.s and all seemed to shoot them quite well.I did a cross section on one and found a fairly heavy copper jacket.I think they are a great bullet for the price and should work quite well as a hunting bullet.

I read an article comparing bullets in Shooting Times last month. They said that the deep curl was the same bullet that is loaded in the federal fusion. If it is then it should preform great.

I read an article comparing bullets in Shooting Times last month. They said that the deep curl was the same bullet that is loaded in the federal fusion. If it is then it should preform great.

I also think it would be a good hunting bullet. The BC is not very good for most Deepcurls, but quite good (their rating) in the 25cal/120gr. I have a Sendero 25-06AI & I called Speer about the BC, they were not helpful at all. I just doubt the BC could be what they say for this bullet, if it is I am very interested.

The B.C. should be fairly good on these bullets.They have a fairly heavy copper jacket that allows them to be made longer to obtain the weight.The protected point is relatively small,very similar to a Rem-Corlock.The bullet length on the ones I have are:
.277 150gr 1.2075
.308 165gr 1.1305
.308 180gr 1.205

Yes, the BC should be FAIRLY good. But they say the 120gr 25cal. is n.462, very high for a 25 cal. The 115BT is rated at .453 & has a boatail (small one) & sharp point & the ogive looks good to me. I asked and e-mailed Speer about the BC on this bullet & they were quite evasive. I hope .462 is right, but I don;t believe it!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts