Special needs hunter help?

Her rifle is accurate enough. Her cartridge of choice is the 7mm-08. My daughter actually took her first deer at 409 yards with moms rifle. Getting her out practicing to be proficient at those ranges is a whole different challenge. I'd like to stay in the 400 yard range if we could but you're right, longer ranges could give us more opportunities. I see all these new shooting rests people are using and didn't know if it would be worth investing in something like that to help her be more stable. And of course as much practice as possible.
Kind of needing know, what or how she shoots from. There is Handicap permits in Montana. I believe allows for shooing for a truck or car. Check into it. There is special place for them to hunt that others can't go.
There all kinds of aid and equipment out there to use.
We are with you, and will try and help.

Maybe a group of us can set up a fund to help with some equipment? I don't know how, but would willing to help with some funds.
Thank you so much for the generous offer but my job allows all the overtime I can stand and I have lots of time to work at it. I'm sure there are people in much greater need then myself.

Although I do not have any experience with special needs hunters, I would suggest, if possible, that a well placed ground blind would offer the ability to sit comfortably and allow her to be set up for a shot on a good rest, either from a tripod or even a small table with a bipod etc…. This blind would of course need to be set up in an area frequently visited by the local deer. If you secure permission early in the year, well before the season, and explain to the land owner your special situation, I would bet that they would make exceptions and may even offer to help. I know as a sportsman and a landowner myself I would try to make this a hunt to remember for you both!

Once again you've all out done yourselves. The advice and ideas have been exactly what I was looking for and some I didn't know I was looking for. You'll never convince me there is a better group of people than the hunting community. I frequent a lot of different hunting and shooting forums LRH is hands down the best.

A certain individual has worked out some access for my wife that couldn't be more perfect for her needs and abilities. It's going to to hopefully allow her to fulfill a goal that's been 11 years in the making.
I am in debt to you and your wife. You know who you are.

I can't wait to share her experience with all of you. Please keep sharing all your stories and experiences with me.

Kind of needing know, what or how she shoots from. There is Handicap permits in Montana. I believe allows for shooing for a truck or car. Check into it. There is special place for them to hunt that others can't go.
There all kinds of aid and equipment out there to use.
We are with you, and will try and help.
You are correct Montana allows handicapped hunters to shoot from a vehicle. Legally my wife isn't handicapped and I'm not 100% sure how that process works. I'm going to check into it more and see.

You are correct Montana allows handicapped hunters to shoot from a vehicle. Legally my wife isn't handicapped and I'm not 100% sure how that process works. I'm going to check into it more and see.
I just got my daughter's papers back from MT for hunt in next couple of years. Talk to someone in MT game and fish about forms; they'll email you with ones for Dr. to sign and send in with application

I never have used them but I hear a lot of people that use trekking poles feel they make navigating over terrain easier. I guess because the poles help with balance they save a lot of energy.
Hoping for the best for both of you.
Yeah, I'm not disabled except being older-67. Been using trekking poles for about 5 years while hiking and hunting Montana. It sounds like your wife's physical stability could be helped by trekking poles. I have two bad knees but can still do 12 mile days out and back in rough terrain and the poles are unbelievable with the stability and stamina gains. You can use them for shooting sticks or to put up a temporary tarp shelter in the rain or heat. Get her used to them before you come to Montana if you can. Oh, and don't let anyone tell you to buy the most expensive poles. I've put at least 100's of miles if not 1,000's on mine in every possible terrain out here hunting, fishing, hiking and backpacking and I bought them from Costco. $30 or $40, I can't remember. The only drawback is keeping the bog disks on the poles in high grass or weeds. Even then, tuck them under an arm or in your pack until you walk out of the grass. Or take the disks off the poles. Some of the most serious backcountry bow hunters wouldn't leave their pickups without them. Anyway, good luck.

I would suggest a pair of non collapsible fiberglass or carbon ski poles over collapsible trekking poles. Collapsible trekking poles are for stability and not support, and it sounds likes your wife will be using them for support.

Sounds easy enough. Guess I need to wander over to their office here in Billings.
Ask if there are multiple types of disability license so you get the right application. In my state there is one for riding onto public land and a different one for hunting from the vehicle. They may also know of disabled hunter groups locally so you can try different setups before buying. There is a group for disabled veterans and a separate group for disabled civilians here.

Many states parks do have a free trackchair and/or beach chair rental program. There are some private companies too. Some resort hotels have rollout mats so you can walk on a stable surface from the sidewalk to the water. The downside of the trackchair is the 3mph top speed and battery limits. It would flip over (has anti-tip bars) before it would stop climbing. You can mount the tripod to the chair, allowing 360 degree rotation.

Cheap or expensive, anything can fail. I drilled and cross pinned the walking sticks. They fit in the car next to the rifle case.

The Deathgrip is excellent. Sometimes the tripod will sink/shift on soft ground. Staking it helps or setting down a sheet of plywood for the tripod and a wheelchair user works so they can rotate.

A sturdy ballcap can help stabilize binoculars if her weaker right arm gets shaky. Sticking one finger up to hold the bill of the cap keeps the binoculars stable with the eyes.

Ultimately, if the terrain is too much, there are private handicap camps with proper easy trails that you can pay for. There are wooden decks on outcropping with tripod bolted down.