Southern Colorado Shooting Range

MHO

To everyone around the Colorado Springs area. Cheyenne Mountain Shooting complex is open to the public. Off I25 at gate 20 to Ft Carson. Turn west off I25 and right before gate 20 you will see the sign to the left. Very nice place and you can shoot out to 1080 yards.:)

To everyone around the Colorado Springs area. Cheyenne Mountain Shooting complex is open to the public. Off I25 at gate 20 to Ft Carson. Turn west off I25 and right before gate 20 you will see the sign to the left. Very nice place and you can shoot out to 1080 yards.:)

I've shot there several times - since when did they have access to +1K? That would be great! I was last there about 10 days ago....

Also, largest/longest range caliber/chambering the RSO's/Admins are (were?) allowing is 7mm Rem Mag - no big .30 cals and nothing larger except for handguns and short-range chamberings...

Whoa..really? Nothing larger than 7mm mag. Well that counts me out. Doesn't seem right though

Don't count yourself out....

I'd give 'em a call 1st. I do know they're not allowing any of the .30 'magnums', but something like a 35 Whelen may be OK. I've seen .30-06's and .308's there a lot.... In fact, I don't think they're allowing any of the hot 7mm mags (STW/Dakota/RUM), but my 7mm Rem Mag was allowed (and what one RSO told me was the most they were allowing until they can get clearance from Ft. Carson to go higher).

The Range is using some type of maximum range (distance?) potential of the round to determine what's OK, but call 'em to make sure what you're bringing is gonna be within limits.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.