Sounds of Deer Hunting

Muddyboots

One of the best things of deer hunting is sitting on stand pre dawn and listening to the woods waking up. This past season I was fortunate to bow hunt near a bald eagle nest deep in a swamp and got to hear them "chuckling" at first light. Sand Hills and Ducks were also letting everyone know its time to get up. Awesome!

I uploaded vid to Media to listen. Edit added: it takes a few seconds to load up to play.

What are the sounds you hear?

Last edited:
One of the best things of deer hunting is sitting on stand pre dawn and listening to the woods waking up. This past season I was fortunate to bow hunt near a bald eagle nest deep in a swamp and got to hear them "chuckling" at first light. Sand Hills and Ducks were also letting everyone know its time to get up. Awesome!

I uploaded vid to Media to listen.

I won't get a chance to listen to this, later on for sure. But I wanted to say this is the GOOD STUFF the page needs. Thanks Muddyboots!

I won't get a chance to listen to this, later on for sure. But I wanted to say this is the GOOD STUFF the page needs. Thanks Muddyboots!
After watching the news this morning on top of LRH, I drifted back to past hunting season and thought of this and brought a smile that I thought would be nice to share.

After watching the news this morning on top of LRH, I drifted back to past hunting season and thought of this and brought a smile that I thought would be nice to share.
A good way to balance, ground, negate the negatives in the world. Just the thought of it made me smile.

I uploaded vid to Media to listen. Edit added: it takes a few seconds to load up to play.

I don't hear much of anything anymore. But it is my safe place. That time is absolutely sacred to me. Also, hunting waterfowl, esp geese in a layout blind. There is nothing like putting out all the decoys, then getting in the blind, and having a cup of coffee and a cigarette, watching the birds flying around and waiting on shooting time. I can't smoke any more, and there was never a better time. Some things just are meant to be enjoyed together. Also, even if there are 10 folks present, it is a time of silence, reflection, and meditation. You struck a nerve here muddy.