Song Dog finally gets out

Song Dog

Started off this morning heading out to my favorite place. I had this overwhelming feeling of killing somethng before I got there. It was just starting to get light and I began with a non-dominant howl and sat for a second or two. I then went to the Scorpion on the Baby Cottontail at 25 in volume. At this point I thought I may have started a bit early, due to light but I can see good through the scope and figured, too late to turn back now . Off in front of my stand to the left, 3 quick blurrs are running at the 5 minute mark. I knew right where they would pop up at, so I made my adjustments. Only one I could see and he stopped right in my scope at about 75 yards. I had no choice to take him . After my CZ 204 made that the hit, I immediatly went into the pup-distress (love presets) and then back to Baby Cottontail. The way the land laid is very easy for the others to drop down into the other bottom. Well, they did and stayed there even after our conversation back and forth. I sat there for a bit (quietly) to see if one or both may show back up. I got up because I was tired of waiting and wanted to make another stand which was dry.
I have shot too many with the mange this year and just glad this one didn't have it . Also felt good to be able and get out to call. It has been crazy, not too many stands made so far. Way less than I want it to be.
Here is a pic of my view
100_1885.jpg

Pic from coyotes view (JIB to the left and my stand to the top right)
100_1887.jpg

From behind the coyote
100_1886.jpg

Coyote as he lays
100_1888.jpg

100_1889.jpg

In Christ,

Song Dog

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.