someone with the newest Quickload updates please help!

backwoods83

Can someone run a chart for me please?
7mm wby mag, standard capacity, 168grn berger classic hunter hybrid, H4831 from 66.5-72grns, 3.380" OAL, 26.5" barrel, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Soap box warning

Please support the programmers and buy your own copy of Quickload.

That said, what information are you looking for?

I have always wondered about Quick Load is it worth it or is it no better than all the reloading manuals I have ?
I have always wounder if the FPS estimates are even close ?

It is worth it. I do have my own copy but its no where close to up to date and I didn't want to try to mock up the dimensions of the 168grn classic hunter hybrid, so I was looking to get apporximate pressures and velocities for the data in my first post. If you would be kind enough to run it for me, due to my throat design and freebore use 200bar as start pressure please.

No quickload is not worth it. Use good loading manuals, work up your own loads in your own rifles and you will get accurate results. Quickload is not accurate or needed

I've got the load worked up, was curious what the velocity was because my chronograph is screwed, and quickload is typically within 20fps of real world numbers IME.

No quickload is not worth it. Use good loading manuals, work up your own loads in your own rifles and you will get accurate results. Quickload is not accurate or needed
Hmmm:rolleyes:

Please prove how Quickload is not accurate.

Every time I see someone post a bunch of quickload info I get a chuckle because comparing to real world go and really shoot it data, it is not very accurate.Every rifle is different, everyone may have completely different lots of reloading components.The only data that matters is what YOUR rifle will do with real testing not what quickload says.I have never needed quickload in 25 yrs of reloading.And yeh alot I have seen posted was not accurate with real world results.....To many keyboard bandits on here anymore and guys that want the easy way out instead of real world testing.

Every time I see someone post a bunch of quickload info I get a chuckle because comparing to real world go and really shoot it data, it is not very accurate.Every rifle is different, everyone may have completely different lots of reloading components.The only data that matters is what YOUR rifle will do with real testing not what quickload says.I have never needed quickload in 25 yrs of reloading.And yeh alot I have seen posted was not accurate with real world results.....To many keyboard bandits on here anymore and guys that want the easy way out instead of real world testing.
we didn't need cars, horse and buggy worked just fine.

you didn't prove that quickload is not accurate. So far you've only proved how close minded many people in the world are and how those sorts of people use rhetoric rather than facts.

in the past year with proper understanding of quickload I have worked up multiple loads that were within 1% or less of predicted velocity.

one example: I wanted a plinking load for my weatherby 270.I modeled all the data in quickload and used optimal barrel timing to determine the velocity I wanted. I made loads lower 2 higher using standard techniques, the accurate load was is the quickload predicted, with velocity within 7 fps of the quickload model.

Quickload saves me money by allowing me to get much closer to the desired load with less rounds. Saves me time not making and shooting rounds that won't work anyway. Saves me wear and tear on my barrels.

It's already paid for itself.

You can & should calibrate QL to each barrel, powder lot, primer brand, etc.
You can't do any of this with manuals, and you can't assume any of it otherwise..

I have well over 25 years of loading experience, and I use quick load, along with the complete suit of offerings from RSI. They are all tools and nothing more, I have learned more since purchasing both company's product along with other tools as well. While there is no substitute for "real world data" With the right tools you can get where you want to be faster, and with more insight about your gun. Frankly anyone that whole sale thumbs their nose at technology is usually left behind. As with any tool it is only as accurate as the user, and all of the tools I use require a lot of time to learn to use them properly. Garbage in garbage out. I agree with you statement all rifles are different which only strengthens the use of quick load, and any other tools available. Are they the end all answer? not hardly, but useless? FAR from it.

As to the request for data I too recommend supporting the developer the upgrades are not much and a small error or omission can be an expensive proposition.

If I could upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy S3 I would! Internet is a no go right now where I am, except on my phone. Its been down since they started installing fiber optic cable (yes I live way back in the sticks and 3-400kbps wasn't very good to say the least, hopefully the upgrade will put us up to atleast 2mbps.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.