Somebody educate me about 20MOA bases.

308warbird

I am beginning to gather parts for a new rifle and have questions about 20MOA scope bases. I am building a 7RUM and plan to probably use Leupold glass. If I use one of the long range elevated bases, will I still be able to get a 250-300 yard POI zero when desired?

I hope this question makes sense. I am not exactly sure how to ask it. I just want to make sure I can still make a shorter shot without holding "under".

All the 20 MOA base does is move your POI 20 MOA lower. With most any scope, and especially the Leupold which has 90 or 100 MOA internal adjustment, you will have no trouble zeroing @ 250-300 yds or 100 yds for that matter. It will just give you those 20 MOA in up adjustment and if you decide to stretch things out past 1k you may need them.

Ok,that makes sense. I wasn't sure how much elevation the scope would have. Thanks for your reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.