Solid Rest for test loads

live2huntmt

Just wondering what everyone is using for a rest when doing load development. I currently use a lead sled and am not particularly happy with it. I am thinking about either a bull bag or Caldwell tack driver style bag system. Is there anything else you would recommend for a very solid rest off a bench? Thanks

Best rest on the market is the SEB available from Ernie Bishop in Gilette, Wyoming. Pricey but absolutely smooth and steady.

I have to say I like my Farley rest, but then it will set you back over $800.00. They are only worth it if you compete in Benchrest Comp.

I prefer to shoot prone off a mat with bipod and a Holland rear bag.
I like the pull 2" longer and a large Limbsaver grind to fit that has not been ground.
I like to shoot to 500 yards.

But sometimes I have to go to the range, and I am forced to use a bench rest or the heavy V bags, and shoot at 100 yards.

I would much rather target work was more like it is going to be when I am hunting.

I use bi pod & a v- bag for rear I can't shoot out of. Lead slead cuz I can't feal the gun my sound weird but can't hit a barn at 10 yds with slead

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts