• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED sold

But it is this. Lol.

A "Huckle Bearer" would be the person carrying a coffin, essentially a pallbearer.
I was just quoting the line from Tombstone but this is good to know.

Doc Holliday's famous quote is also one of his least understood, and viewers have argued over the line's meaning for, well, nearly 30 years. There are a few theories floating around – that the term really is "huckle bearer," or pallbearer – but Val Kilmer's aptly titled memoir and his answers in interviews makes it clear that "huckleberry" was the intended term.

According to Old West historian Marshall Trimble, the southern phrase means "I'm your man," more or less, though you don't need to know the specifics to understand what Doc's telling Ringo. Like many of Holliday's best lines, the technical meaning isn't as powerful as the message behind it.

Whatever it was I wish it hadn't been deleted. Previous sales are the mother's milk of comps, providing a basis for setting sale prices in the future.

Recent Posts