• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD**Savage 6.5x47 Lapua

Re: Savage 6.5x47 Lapua

What DBM were you planning to put on it?

Hey guys, I appreciate most everyone's interest and questions about the rifle. I would like to ask that if you're going to pm me, please don't insult me and tell me how you can build the same rifle yourself for what I'm asking. If that's the case, great. I couldn't build it for what I'm asking and at this point, I feel it's a fair price. Thank you.

"Hey guys, I appreciate most everyone's interest and questions about the rifle. I would like to ask that if you're going to pm me, please don't insult me and tell me how you can build the same rifle yourself for what I'm asking. If that's the case, great. I couldn't build it for what I'm asking and at this point, I feel it's a fair price. Thank you"

Prices on Northland Shooters Supply;

Varmint action: $495
Barrel: $300
Barrel nut: $28
Recoil lug: $27

Total = $850 plus shipping

McMillan stocks are excellent stocks and are very expensive. The cheapest finished stock I saw on their website was $448 plus shipping. I saw an EGW base on Midway for $45 plus shipping. This gun is Cerakoted as well.

The grand total by my math is $1,343 plus shipping on all items and this DOES NOT take into account the Cerakote.

Therefore, $1,200 seems very reasonable. Scott

Not to keep making a fuss about this, but here's some additional information.

The EGW base on this rifle is the HD, 20MOA (which I forgot to mention) version. Not the $45 version

Headspace gauges cost money

McM M40 stocks run $600 plus 6 month wait to be cut for Savage 4.10 centerfeed dbm receivers.

Even if you're going to cerakote something yourself, it still costs money. If not, having someone coat your barreled action is in the ballpark of $200, plus shipping to them.

Yes, add shipping to all this stuff because it is coming from different vendors at different times.

Added up, without shipping costs and without any cerakote, you're looking at $1550. Pay someone to spray it and add some shipping for everything, over $1800.

To make the price more manageable to folks, I'll cover the shipping to your FFL.

Thank you.

"Hey guys, I appreciate most everyone's interest and questions about the rifle. I would like to ask that if you're going to pm me, please don't insult me and tell me how you can build the same rifle yourself for what I'm asking. If that's the case, great. I couldn't build it for what I'm asking and at this point, I feel it's a fair price. Thank you"

Prices on Northland Shooters Supply;

Varmint action: $495
Barrel: $300
Barrel nut: $28
Recoil lug: $27

Total = $850 plus shipping

McMillan stocks are excellent stocks and are very expensive. The cheapest finished stock I saw on their website was $448 plus shipping. I saw an EGW base on Midway for $45 plus shipping. This gun is Cerakoted as well.

The grand total by my math is $1,343 plus shipping on all items and this DOES NOT take into account the Cerakote.

Therefore, $1,200 seems very reasonable. Scott

Beautiful rifle .. I am wanting to build one very similar and would take this if it was just lighter. ...

Beautiful rifle .. I am wanting to build one very similar and would take this if it was just lighter. ...

Forgot to add that I weighed the scoped rifle at 11lbs 14.4oz

Vortex says that scope weighs 1lb 4.4oz, so...

10 lbs 10oz with rings (TPS Steel, low, 30mm)

Probably 10.5 lbs without scope and rings

Okay... I'm wanting to stay around 8 lbs or so...

I guess I need to make a clarification. The action is not bedded in the stock. The pillars are bedded in the stock