Smartphone Shooting Application?

engineer40

Is there a de facto standard shooting application that is used by most people on this forum?

I've read about many but it's hard to decipher if 1 is the "go-to" app.

Can be free or paid.

Thanks!

I have used Shooter for years. However, the guy quit maintaining it quite awhile back.

I upgraded to Applied Ballistics software and am more than pleased. It's as good as a fella can get and is a bit more "handy" than Shooter. Well worth the few bucks.

HTH

Roy

I don't know if 'most' use it, but the Shooter App on iphone seems to have a good following, and I love it. $10 one time fee.

I have used Shooter for years. However, the guy quit maintaining it quite awhile back.

I upgraded to Applied Ballistics software and am more than pleased. It's as good as a fella can get and is a bit more "handy" than Shooter. Well worth the few bucks.

HTH

Roy

Thanks! I actually just emailed the support address for the Shooter App a few questions. But it's good to know that he stopped maintaining it.

So let me throw this out there. Many of the new smartphones actually have a barometer chip in them. Does anyone know of a shooting app that can pull station pressure directly from the internal barometer? That would be sweet and would still work without an Internet connection.

I am curious to see which people like best as well.

It would be cool off you guys could say how far you have shot to with these apps and any other pertinent info. Thanks

I have been using strelok app so far I would like to hear others opinions on strelok. I have had a bit of trouble getting it's calculations to match my actual drops.

I use Shooter, been very pleased. It's also very easy to use. the functions are great. I also have the ballistic AE, it's an advanced app, basically the same as shooter but you can account for different winds at different distances for example if your shooting at 1200 yards and you have different wind directions you recognize you can account for that. I believe that's the only benefit over the shooter app.
Shooter is the way to go IMO.

I have been using Shooter for several years and just recently added Applied Ballistics. Both are pretty much the same, for accuracy, after you true your actual drops. I get conditions from Kestral, so I don't need to have baro chip in phone. I try to program temperature, pressure and humidity into app, ahead of time OR if conditions change , then add wind and range when needed in hunting situation. Steel will stand still long enough to take all the time you need.

I use bullet flight L2. It seems to be pretty accurate but I've only used it for comp.

I have been using strelok app so far I would like to hear others opinions on strelok. I have had a bit of trouble getting it's calculations to match my actual drops.

I just downloaded Strelok and have been playing with the settings all morning. I'll test it out and report back.

It won't match your drops even after you "true" it?

Also I read in the details that this App will work with the iphone6's built in barometer, so that will be nice if it does work well.

For example on my 22-250 shooting 53gr v-maxs with a listed BC. Of .290 and cronographed at 3820 sighted in at 250yd to make strelock match (and its still not exact ) my drops I have bc. .280 velocity of 3840 and sight in of 275yd. The farthest I have shot with it is 770yd.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.