sleeving a savage action

robbor

i have seen and heard of putting an outer sleeve on rem actoins to stiffen them up and give better bedded area but have never heard of a sleeved savage?

Alot of guys think that using a Savage at all is a waste of time.
Personaly I think that sleeving an action is pointless. The only reason that you would need to sleeve an action would be to support a heavier barrel and if the barrel is that heavy then just bedding the barrel and floating the action would be a better choice.

Some guys think that a solid bottom action is going to be much stiffer than a repeater which technicaly it is but does it realy off an increase in accuracy ? I don't think so maybe if you were building an all out BR rifle that your were going to set some records with then the extra stifness might help but I seriously doubt that 99% of the guys shooting would know the differance.

Savage and Remington actions share the same outer diameter, inner diameter too for that matter.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts