SKUNK

There are many " Folk Lure " Wives Tales"
Dawn dish washing liquid, to clean. Rinse well, then rinse with concentrated Lemon juice mixed in 5gal. bucket of water. 🤓
I got off at 3am one time and dying to hit the rack. I let Bubba out to potty and he came tearassin back to the house doused in skunk oil. Dawn, baking soda, and mint listerine mixed in a slurry and then rubbed into his fur worked fantastic!
202450161_10159036918191690_3110937584241163655_n.jpg

I'm going to give the tomato juice a try this evening. I'm lucky he didn't get a direct hit. One leg took the brunt of the spray, but only minor misting elsewhere. I tried using some of my wife's expensive shampoo. Didn't work. The bathroom is a disaster right now. Too cold to scrub him outside. He is the most spoiled dog we have ever had. He doesn't understand why he cant get on the sofa right now.

I'm going to give the tomato juice a try this evening. I'm lucky he didn't get a direct hit. One leg took the brunt of the spray, but only minor misting elsewhere. I tried using some of my wife's expensive shampoo. Didn't work. The bathroom is a disaster right now. Too cold to scrub him outside. He is the most spoiled dog we have ever had. He doesn't understand why he cant get on the sofa right now.
Tomato juice doesn't work

There are many " Folk Lure " Wives Tales"
Dawn dish washing liquid, to clean. Rinse well, then rinse with concentrated Lemon juice mixed in 5gal. bucket of water. 🤓
Dawn dishwashing soap and hydrogen peroxide, it's a chemical reaction and the soap helps deliver the HP and washes it all away...

Try BDF2.0 mixture. His worked for him. I'm using second hand knowledge. Or 30378 WbyMag mixture!

I forgot the baking soda as previously mentioned:

Chemist Paul Krebaum discovered a solution that changes the odorous thiols into odorless acids, thereby chemically neutralizing the skunk odor. The formula is: 1 quart of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (fresh bottle), • ¼ cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), and • 1-2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap.

I forgot the baking soda as previously mentioned:

Chemist Paul Krebaum discovered a solution that changes the odorous thiols into odorless acids, thereby chemically neutralizing the skunk odor. The formula is: 1 quart of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (fresh bottle), • ¼ cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), and • 1-2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap.
I forgot to list Hydrogen Peroxide in my recipe.

Hydrogen Peroxide
Baking soda
Dawn
Mint Listerine. Its optional for the odor management.

My little sister found a skunk in a deep ditch and pulled it out.It followed her home and became a pet for her only.Skunk gave birth to 4 babies.
We left the doors open back in the 60's so air would flow through the house and those skunks would come in the house and eat dog food but they never sprayed us but then again we never tried to pet them.My sister did but the rest of the family didn't.