Sizing die question/issue

Here is one of many tutorials online that will explain:

So I am full length sizing some brass. I ran it through my die and they come out looking like this. Should I be concerned about the line above the belt? Do I have my die set incorrectly? Is this how old brass gets? I'd say this stuff is nearing the end of its life.

My belted cases have always looked like that……maybe I should've been concerned! memtb

So I am full length sizing some brass. I ran it through my die and they come out looking like this. Should I be concerned about the line above the belt? Do I have my die set incorrectly? Is this how old brass gets? I'd say this stuff is nearing the end of its life.
I believe that is just where the sizing die hits the shell holder and is not able to size anymore of the brass. I have that same band with pretty much every cartridge I load. I'm not certain on this though.

Perfectly normal, but I would be watching how much you're bumping the shoulder back….002" is absolute maximum for brass life.

Cheers.
I agree I have had several just like this when sizing 7RM. Just check the inside with a paper clip like others have said to be sure.
A good tumbling should clean it up

Have not measured head space, not sure how. What measurements are you looking for? Not how many firings on this brass. 6-7+ would be my guess.
You are getting pretty good life from your brass.
If your brass gets to where it has a bulge just past the belt you will need to get a Larry Willis collet die to bring it back