Sitka fanatic

Discussion in 'Backpacking Gear & Clothing' started by TJ_1985, Nov 1, 2018.

1. TJ_1985

TJ_1985 Active Member LRH Team Member

How warm is this set? Looking at getting my first Sitka bibs/jacket set. Looking at this set vs the stratus set. I live and hunt mostly in SC. However I also go out of state hunting every year somewhere and wanting something that could be used for that also.

2. 86alaskan

86alaskan Well-Known Member

Depends on what level you're looking at. I have both the fanatic and fanatic lite bibs and jackets. I'd hike in the lite's in colder weather, but you won't find me walking much in the full weight fanatic outfit. It is very warm and kinda heavy. You'd be sweating pretty bad in just about any weather if you were hiking. I think with a good layer underneath, the lite setup is good for about mid 30's. below that the full weight fanatic gets the job.

TJ_1985 likes this.
  3. Fishkat

Fishkat Well-Known Member

I have the Stratus jacket and pants and they are great and my go to setup. But if it's cold and I'm going to be sitting, i'll use the Fanatic bibs and the Incinerator jacket. i live in the south also but hate getting cold. And like 86alaskan says it really comes down to what you will be doing and how cold it is.

TJ_1985 likes this.