Kuiu versus Sitka

Fowlman

My wife has recently drew a Colorado Sheep tag and have been deciding on whether to go with Kuiu or Sitka wanted to throw this out there to see everybody's feedback / thoughts on what they think. Going to use the camo for other things such as Whitetail and other type of hunting also
so I just wanted to mention that.
Thanks in advance

From my experience, I have used both extensively and each warrant consideration. Between the two you mentioned I personally prefer Kuiu because I think they create more value for us as consumers and I've traveled all over with their gear and never had any issues.

Sitka does seem to cater more to women than Kuiu does so that's probably a huge item to consider. Having apparel that fits properly is a big factor in my opinion.

I'm currently playing around with the Stone Glacier apparel at the moment and I'm impressed with their stuff as well so that might be another option.

As CLP stated, fit might be the determining factor. My local Cabelas stocks Sitka, so maybe if you have one close to you, she could go try some on to see how they fit. I think either brand will do her right, just get a good fit.

From my experience, I have used both extensively and each warrant consideration. Between the two you mentioned I personally prefer Kuiu because I think they create more value for us as consumers and I've traveled all over with their gear and never had any issues.

Sitka does seem to cater more to women than Kuiu does so that's probably a huge item to consider. Having apparel that fits properly is a big factor in my opinion.

I'm currently playing around with the Stone Glacier apparel at the moment and I'm impressed with their stuff as well so that might be another option.

Thanks for that reply. I have been leaning towards the Kuiu. As we are both going to get the same type. I did throw around the idea of me getting one in her getting another to test it out. I do like the Kuiu versatility in their pattern. As well as I've heard a lot of good comments about the durability and quality of their garments. And fit seems to be also a popular positive comment.
I will look into that stone glacier apparel also thanks very much!!

That's great feedback I agree that fit is important as well as durability. Living in Colorado we do a lot of mountain hunting but also do some plains hunting for deer and antelope. I did have her try on a few things at the local Scheels store and she liked it but of course you can't check out the Kuiu stuff and less you go to California.
Thanks again

I don't think you can go grow with First lite, Kuiu or Sitka. First lite and Kuiu might offer more bang for you buck though. First lite and Sitka have a large women's line compared to Kuiu. I love the Kuiu attack pants and the Sitka ascent pants, but lean mainly on first lite recently. First lite's clothes just seem to fit me well and they are very comfortable.

I have First Lite, Sitka and Kuiu in different gear. First Lite would certainly be worth a look. As a company at least, I like First Lite best but most of their gear that I own seems to be cut more for a bow hunter than the other two (tighter fit on sleeves). For each of the brand, the fit seems to very some based on the particular piece of gear. (eg., my First lite rain gear is tight in sleeves at 2XL but my lighter insulated jacket runs great at XL).
The quality on all three brands is good but I will say that my experience with Sitka has been it tends to wear (out) quicker than the other two if I try to use it everyday.

I concur with many of the others. I have used both but have now gone almost exclusively with Kuiu. Like the others, remember that it does run a little smaller and the return policy and customer service has been excellent. Although you have to make sure that what ever fits your wife best will help her be successful because she will be comfortable, thus more time in the field. I really like the kuiu Guide Pants and jacket.

A big congratulations on the sheep tag. Desert or RM?

Another vote for FirstLite! I started using them a few years ago and the fit and durability is as advertised. Its obviously personal opinion but I like their camo patterns much better than Kuiu or Sitka. FirstLite also offers free returns and exchanges if it doesn't fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.