Sitka Ascent Pants

RHC

I am thinking about buying a pair but am wondering this; how warm are these when paired with a ColdPruf cold to very cold or very cold to extreme cold long john bottoms in say weather that is as low as -25* but you are constantly hiking/on the move? How water resistant are they? Main concern is knee deep snow but I do wear gaiters when it snows. How durable are they? Mainly hunting in thick timber where you are constantly climbing over deadfall and muscling your way through thickets a brush. Last thing I need is a tear. How quiet are they as well? Can't sneak up on elk when you're waking up the king from across the pond! :D

For the conditions your talking about i would go with the 90% pant or the timberline pant....i have the timberlines and the ascents and the timberlines are built much more for the late season than the ascents....they cut the wind better and are more durable and are most likely more water resistant

I have a pair that I have used the last few years for late season elk hunting in the mountains. While they will work there ex really is better options. They don't cut any wind, and are easy to tear. They really are just a lite shell. I depend on long Jon's and fleece pants to keep me warm. Anything snow higher than my gaiters kind of suck to hike in. Don't get me wrong, I love my ascent pants. Just not for the extreme conditions we can get here in montana.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.