Silvertp from Salmon Idaho

Silvertp

Finally got past all the great articles on your site and made my way to Forum Introductions so here goes.

Hunting is my thing, especially big game...bow, pistol, rifle, it really doesn't matter. Just as long as I'm outdoors and in pursuit. Ive been fortunate over my years to to hunt a variety of species. Harvesting game is less important to me than the experience...that said I'm never without some fine wild game eating in the freezer.

I have two project rifles I will be tinkering with and working up loads for. First is my Sako Sporter in .338 Lapua...should be a dandy for elk; second is a .22/284 based on a Remington Action and Lilja 30" barrel. Hope to have the .22 up and running for the possible Idaho Wolf hunt this fall.

Thanks to all of you that make this Forum so informative...Im looking forward to learning a lot as well as contributing where I have experience.

Cheers!
Silvertp

Salmon native here too. Currently trapped in suburban hell of Boise, but trying to find my way home. I'll be there this fall regardless for hunting season. Welcome

SS7mm....Thanks for the Welcome!

fj40mojo...Sorry to hear your stuck in Boise...been there and done that. If your FJ40 moniker is referring to the old style Landcruise Ive got a '63 sitting in my Shop (needs some TLC)

Cheers!
Silvertp

Silvertip,

Welcome aboard.

I'm from Blackfoot (a short drive to Salmon:))

I'm in SLC until next spring. I'll then be in Salmon, down along the North Fork on several scouting trips.

Be cautious of which powders are used in that 22-284, don't want any secondary pressure spikes.

I to have a 'special' woof rig with bullets designed just for that purpose.:)

Roy...went thru Blackfoot last weekend, not far at all. I need to be getting on with my 22/284 load development, will be fall before you know it. I'd be interested in hearing more about your woof rifle and custom bullets. Just hope the State gets their hunt info ready to have a season this year.

Silvertp

SS7mm....Thanks for the Welcome!

fj40mojo...Sorry to hear your stuck in Boise...been there and done that. If your FJ40 moniker is referring to the old style Landcruise Ive got a '63 sitting in my Shop (needs some TLC)

Cheers!
Silvertp

You hit the nail on the head, I've been through 3 FJ40s, a '85 Pickup, '93 4Runner. Currently don't own one, but have had the moniker for 15+ years-why change now. With any luck I will be based back home by this fall. Hoping to get on at the new VA clinic there when it opens. Maybe we will run into each other.

Ok guys...you are right. This world just got a whole lot smaller.

FJ...sounds like plans for the new VA clinic are still moving forward.

Silvertp

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.