Sika?

Lesserhunter

Have any of you done a Sika hunt in Maryland? Starting to research a hunt, sounds like public land can be a zoo. I'd love to hear about your experiences both good and bad or outfitter recommendations

Sika are very fun animals. The Manchurian species are very large and spotted. I killed the current world record with crossbow. There are many outfitters in TX. Forester exotics is a good one. Mine was 285lbs and they are very good venison! I believe the species in Maryland are the small Japanese species. Still fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1576 (2).JPG
    IMG_1576 (2).JPG
    583.8 KB · Views: 31
The Sika deer in Maryland are mainly on the lower Eastern Shore. If you don't have private land, look for a outfitter. Yes there's a lot of public land, mostly swamp, some assessable only by boat. If you DIY bring a bug suit and plenty of Deet.
Good luck

Sika are very fun animals. The Manchurian species are very large and spotted. I killed the current world record with crossbow. There are many outfitters in TX. Forester exotics is a good one. Mine was 285lbs and they are very good venison! I believe the species in Maryland are the small Japanese species. Still fun.
Also referred to as debowski.