Sightron s- tac

ramrod79

Good day all I am looking at upgrading my LRH scope currently I have a modified Vortex LSLR 4-16x44 SFP I find that it is ok but irregularly shoot to 1200 yards and I thought I would not mind a bit more power like 20X without breaking the bank or adding an extra pound to my rig .

I have been looking at the Sightron S tac 4-20x50 as everything( except no zero stop) about this seems to fit the bill BUT I need to know form all you guys how is the MOA floating dot for hunting . How is it in low light ? does anyone know what kind of reticles Sightron custom shop will do ?

I did read a lot of old threads on pros ,and cons but Sightron seems to be a good scope from what I understand just want some updated input .

Good day all I am looking at upgrading my LRH scope currently I have a modified Vortex LSLR 4-16x44 SFP I find that it is ok but irregularly shoot to 1200 yards and I thought I would not mind a bit more power like 20X without breaking the bank or adding an extra pound to my rig .

I have been looking at the Sightron S tac 4-20x50 as everything( except no zero stop) about this seems to fit the bill BUT I need to know form all you guys how is the MOA floating dot for hunting . How is it in low light ? does anyone know what kind of reticles Sightron custom shop will do ?

I did read a lot of old threads on pros ,and cons but Sightron seems to be a good scope from what I understand just want some updated input .
I'm looking at the same scope and was going to ask about it too. I haven't heard or read a bad thing about the lens quality or tracking but i'd still like to hear if anyone has used this scope. gun)

Well I have one on its way the only negative thing I can find is the no zero stop but ill get over that ,and I guess ill see how the floating dot works ill let you know what i think when I look through it of course ill have to scope a few deer in morning ,and close to dark to see what floating dot is like before I mount .

I have this scope with the moa2 reticle. It tracks great and the glass is pretty good. I also have an SIII and the SIII has better resolution but both scopes are awesome. I have my S-Tac on a POF 308 and use it mainly for target and P-dogs. The turrets are good, I can't see the illumination in the daytime but didn't buy if for daytime use anyway. I am definitely happy with the scope.

I had the 2.5-17x56 and while it was a great scope it was a bit heavy at ~30oz .
What I'm not sure about is why the new ones are half the price; the 2.5-17x is ~$900 and the new 4-20x is ~$450, an extra $450 for illumination is a lot so the saved money somewhere. I don't see it being the S3 glass at the $450 price.

Price difference: According to Sightron the 2.5-17.5 uses ED glass, but not the 4-20 and the other new S-Tacs at the lower prices.

I received the scope, and took it out to 500 yards. The glass quality is close to SWFA 5-15 which i am not impressed with. For the price it is ok. I wouldent buy it again, I should have paid extra and got a better glass. The feel and features are of quality of a higher price point.

I recently purchased the S Tac in the 3-16 moa. The dot is floating. The reticle is pretty thin but I really like it. It's very bright and clear. eye box is what I expected in a scope with this range of magnification and such a compact layout. I may be swapping out more stuff for these I like the glass so much. And that's comparing it to Steiner Military and Weaver Tac with bigger objectives. I bought 2 from the factory, with a mil/le discount there is nothing better on the market at that price. gun). Imho

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.