Sig Sauer Tango 6 3-18x44 or Leupold Mark V 3.6-18x44

218buck

I was looking to put one of these two scopes on a custom muzzle loader can any one tell me if they have one of these and there likes and dislikes thanks

I was looking to put one of these two scopes on a custom muzzle loader can any one tell me if they have one of these and there likes and dislikes thanks

I have the Tango 6 on my muzzleloader and love it! I would go Sig over Leupold , especially between those two models

Attachments

• 20181120_155607.jpg
    20181120_155607.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 361
I have the 3.6-18 Mk5. So far, I like the capped windage & locking elevation. I like the adjustments on the elevation (nice clean 'clicks'). I only have about 100 rounds with the scope so far this year (on an magnum), so it's a relatively small sample. But I've yet to have any tracking or RTZ errors...time will tell.

The parallax is finicky compared to some other scopes I have (to be expected), and adjusting the dipoter on this scope took longer than any other optic I've owned. The optic seems very bright to my eyes. I'm not an expert, but I think this may have to do with the coatings. If so, we'll see how the coatings stand the test of time. I think the field of view is OK, I'd like more, but I think it's competitive.

I don't like that Leupold charges ~$400 extra for illumination. But I like the integrated throw lever & the factory lens caps work just fine. I also don't like the 35mm main tube. I would like to run this scope on a hunting rifle with integrated ring/bases for weight savings and so line-of-sight is closer to bore, but I'm currently stuck with a pic rail.

I picked-up my non-illuminated Mk5 for $1,400, and I think it competes well in that price range. It's not an end-all be-all scope for me, but I'm not looking to sell either.

I've got the tango 6 with the moa Hunter reticule. The glass is really good, the illumination is definitely daylight bright for the lower settings. I really like the scope other than the weight. I just picked up my rifle this week, mounted the scope and the balance is just off with that much weight on top of this rifle. I'll be selling my tango 6 in favor of something a little lighter, which really bums me out, I really wanted this scope to work. PM me if you might be interested in this scope. It's currently mounted in seekins rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.