Sig Sauer KILO 2200 Laser Rangefinder Review

I just sent my Sig 2000 in as well. It had no problem ranging a stop sign at 1760, but couldn't range a house or barn over 900-something, couldn't hit trees over 500, and wouldn't do a grassy hillside past 320. So unless I go around planting road signs all over my hunting areas, it's no better than my old Nikon. After reading about your customer service experience, I'm no longer optimistic...

Wow, unimpressive. I've extensively used 3 Leupolds- the RX750, which would easily range trees to 600, harder at 750, but sometimes reached beyond that. A LCD segment failed, so I sent it in (4 years old), and they don't make it anymore so they upgraded me to a brand new RX850. It was faster at ranging, and reached to 1K on many types of objects, trees and such to 850 easily. In the meantime someone GAVE me their RX1000, and it reaches to 1K easily on water tanks and such, takes a few tries on shrubbery but gets there. I have gotten readings at 1100 with the RX1000 that I verified by walking closer and taking several readings along the way. Leueupold's Customer Service is fantastic. Lifetime warranty, and as such I won't complain about a 3 week turnaround. These are all under $350 rangefinders.

I see that they do not make one rated for over 1200, so maybe not in competition to what you guys are all seeking. But at least they work consistently as advertised and it appears that L's Product Management and Engineering departments are not letting their Marketing department push them beyond what they can reliably do. Since I don't shoot past 1200 it is not an issue for me.

It;s good to see that Leupold are holding their own, There are many unflattering reports out there about Leupold LRF's, I really like their products, I have spent quite a few $$$ this past couple of months on their products So I am more than happy with what they Achieve,

John.

I'm happy to report that after several weeks of nagging, Sig sent me a brand new Kilo 2200. So far, it's everything I hoped for when I initially bought the 2000. Ranged grassy hillsides at 1100+, trees as 1600, deer at 1000+. Range comes back extremely quickly. I'm impressed.

I've been looking at purchasing the Sig Kilo 2200MR, ever since I saw and played with it at SHOTshow. Cabela's, they offer the Sig Kilo 2200LRH. It's has a Cabela's exclusive reticle. Cabelas.com doesn't show the actual reticle. Anyone have any knowledge of it and what it looks like or what it does?

I've been looking at purchasing the Sig Kilo 2200MR, ever since I saw and played with it at SHOTshow. Cabela's, they offer the Sig Kilo 2200LRH. It's has a Cabela's exclusive reticle. Cabelas.com doesn't show the actual reticle. Anyone have any knowledge of it and what it looks like or what it does?
Not sure, but they usually have at least 2 reticles that you can choose by cycling through option menus.

I was wondering the same thing since it's on sale for $350 right now.

I purchased the 2200 LRH on sale at Cabela's yesterday. It has a circle reticle and no other options.

I had a kilo2000 when they first came out. It was OK. My wife accidentally threw it out when she cleaned my truck. So i ended up replacing it with the 2200lrh from cabelas. It was about the biggest *** i have used. Side by side with a leica 1000 and 1600 it was outperformed in every aspect. It wouldnt range cows in the field past ~550/600. And when i zeroed it the laser was outside the cicle at 12oclock. I returned it and bought the leica 2000b and have been way happier with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.