sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

Picked one up yesterday (tripple points at Cabelas :D ) I haven't had a chance to test it out much but I did stop on the way home and was getting readings in the 1700s on tree lines and this 1852 on the tower up top. The clarity is really quite good.. not in the picture as I just held my phone up to to it. I think the phone was trying to focus on the reticle instead of the actual background.. regardless here's the pic :)

Attachments

• Snapchat-7114056258040813561.jpg
    Snapchat-7114056258040813561.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 80
I just ordered one after much research. I have owned and used many rangefinders. This one has better reviews than probably any I have ever looklogged into that weren't thousands of dollars. I needed one for elr shooting so I didn't have to borrow my friend's.

Those saying who cares if it can range a sign at 3000, in my experience the father a range finder can pick up something the easier it can pick up something like a deer at 1000 for instance.

I am not sure why so many leica guys are in a tizzy. Reminds me of mathews guys when someone with a different brand bow is actually better and costs less.

The kilo is a tool that fits some people's needs for a good price point. You don't have to buy it. Why is it if someone likes something they are instantly a brand loyalist. The only brand loyalist I am seeing on this thread aren't sig loyalist but a different brand.

Anyway. Please, those with the kilo any new or modified reviews to post up or still just performing as advertised? I am curious if all is still well on the kilo front. The reviews I read on Amazon were incredible!

Thanks for all the good info

ive been extremely pleased with mine, very quick/repeatable readings. the clarity is great (noticeably better than my Vortex ranger) and for ~$400 i think its a helluva deal. i would not hesitate to buy another should the need ever arise

I just bought one of these range finders,and it does work fantastic in the short 15 minutes I played with it. I ranged several things side by side with my old Nikon,and the Kilo 2000 ranged identical to it.
Then I ranged a water tower that I could see though some trees. It was hard to hold the Kilo steady enough to get a reading of the water tower,but I ranged it 3 times and each time it read 2775 yards.

Sig really needs to put a tri-pod mount on the bottom of this unit,it's hard to range things that are really out there if you can't hold it steady. That's the only negative thing that I have about the Kilo 2000,other than I'd prefer it had a cross reticle instead of a circle reticle.

Picked one up last weekend after reading all the reviews. I live in the colorado mountains and went camping with it. It was a rainy weekend and I had a buddy with a Bushnell 1000 ARC. Each day we put it to the test, side by side if I could range it...so could he. Black cow @ 625 no problem with either device. The farthest range I was able to get was 958 on a flat solid rock about 80 feet by 20 feet....his Bushnell also ranged that rock @ 940, if I went to the side of that rock that was not perfect it would not range anything....of course the Bushnell didn't either. The sun came out for a while and it really didn't change the ranging of either device.

In short, I was disappointed, the sig has been returned to amazon for not living up to its hype. (a 200 dollar Bushnell did just as well) A vortex ranger 1500 is in the mail as we speak. I expect it to perform equally and with a much better warranty.

Picked one up last weekend after reading all the reviews. I live in the colorado mountains and went camping with it. It was a rainy weekend and I had a buddy with a Bushnell 1000 ARC. Each day we put it to the test, side by side if I could range it...so could he. Black cow @ 625 no problem with either device. The farthest range I was able to get was 958 on a flat solid rock about 80 feet by 20 feet....his Bushnell also ranged that rock @ 940, if I went to the side of that rock that was not perfect it would not range anything....of course the Bushnell didn't either. The sun came out for a while and it really didn't change the ranging of either device.

In short, I was disappointed, the sig has been returned to amazon for not living up to its hype. (a 200 dollar Bushnell did just as well) A vortex ranger 1500 is in the mail as we speak. I expect it to perform equally and with a much better warranty.

I actually have both rangefinders...three of my friends also have the bushnell arc 1000. The farthest I have gotten with my bushnell is 930, on a very overcast day in the evening. On bright sunny days, it will not even range 200 yards in the desert. My sig ranged 1325 yards on an extremely bright day here in Wyoming just the other day on a bare hillside. It would not go much farther on that day, but I didn't need it to. On trees or rocks I can easily get 1500 on any day regardless of how bright it is. Getting over 2000 is not that hard if I am steady and ranging large trees or reflective rocks. Your rangefinder must have had some serious issues, because none of the 4 bushnell arc 1000's have even come close to comparing with my sig in any way shape or form. Sounds like you got a flop. Too bad you didn't send it back to sig, could have been an opportunity to see about customer service

I actually have both rangefinders...three of my friends also have the bushnell arc 1000. The farthest I have gotten with my bushnell is 930, on a very overcast day in the evening. On bright sunny days, it will not even range 200 yards in the desert. My sig ranged 1325 yards on an extremely bright day here in Wyoming just the other day on a bare hillside. It would not go much farther on that day, but I didn't need it to. On trees or rocks I can easily get 1500 on any day regardless of how bright it is. Getting over 2000 is not that hard if I am steady and ranging large trees or reflective rocks. Your rangefinder must have had some serious issues, because none of the 4 bushnell arc 1000's have even come close to comparing with my sig in any way shape or form. Sounds like you got a flop. Too bad you didn't send it back to sig, could have been an opportunity to see about customer service

It did cross my mind to send it in, but it was a toss up for me between the vortex and the sig in the first place. I went with the sig purely on this thread. I expected it to be a little better, and was willing to sacrifice the VIP warranty for better performance. My sons elk hunt starts on the first and I didnt want to buy the vortex to have one for the hunt and then wait for sig to return it.

They seem to work really well for most people and that is good, just didnt work out for me.

Funny thing, at one point my youngest son (10) was calling out 1800 and 1900 yd ranges with it...I was thinking it was just me. Turns out he wasn't seeing the decimal. There were very good obstacles at that range to use also so it was completely possible it was working for him.

It did cross my mind to send it in, but it was a toss up for me between the vortex and the sig in the first place. I went with the sig purely on this thread. I expected it to be a little better, and was willing to sacrifice the VIP warranty for better performance. My sons elk hunt starts on the first and I didnt want to buy the vortex to have one for the hunt and then wait for sig to return it.

They seem to work really well for most people and that is good, just didnt work out for me.

Funny thing, at one point my youngest son (10) was calling out 1800 and 1900 yd ranges with it...I was thinking it was just me. Turns out he wasn't seeing the decimal. There were very good obstacles at that range to use also so it was completely possible it was working for him.

That's really unfortunate, too bad it didn't work out for ya :-/

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts