sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

5 year warranty on the electronics and lifetime warranty on the rest of the unit. As for customer service I called sig before I started this thread because I wasn't finding much information on there stuff. There were very helpful and answered all of my questions regarding the unit it's warranty and why I couldn't find any for sale. As for the rigidity of the unit I can't honestly say. I will say that it feels like a well built unit but I'm not going to be the guy that does the torture test on one to find out.

Just because something has "Made in the USA" stamped on it does not mean much anymore (does not really mean it was made in the USA). It might be assembled in the USA but all the inside parts are from China/Somewhere overseas or right the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I love my country (Disable Vet) but sometimes the truth just hurts.

I have played with my Kilo some and have been really impressed with its performance so far but time will tell the truth.

From the owners manual:
SIG SAUER Electro-Optics Infinite Guarantee™

SIG SAUER has manufactured the most rugged, dependable high-performance firearms

for over two centuries. Our heritage of design, engineering and precision-manufactured

quality predates the existence of any other optics company worldwide. We understand

the importance of quality in the line of fire, at the shooting range or on your next hunt.

SIG SAUER Electro-Optics had to earn the right to wear that badge and the Infinite

Guarantee has your back, forever. Period.

We will repair or replace your SIG SAUER product in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no

charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order

of equal or better physical condition. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you

purchased it.

SIG SAUER Infinite Guarantee™

• Unlimited Lifetime Guarantee

• Fully Transferable

• No Warranty Card Required

• No Receipt Required

• No Time Limit Applies

• No Charge

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you when it counts.

Please note that our Infinite Guarantee does not provide coverage for intentional damage, misuse,

cosmetic damage that does not affect the performance of the optic, loss, theft or unauthorized repair or

modification. Excludes electronic components.

SIG SAUER Electronic & Tritium Component Limited 5-Year Warranty

For components not included under the SIG SAUER

® Infinite Guarantee™, this warranty

covers any defects in materials and workmanship in the electronic and Tritium

components of illuminated riflescopes/sights, pistol sights, electronic sights, flashlights,

lasers, binoculars, spotting scopes, and rangefinders. This warranty lasts for five years

from the date of manufacture. If, during that five-year period, these products are found

to have electronic or Tritium component defects in materials or workmanship, SIG SAUER will repair your

product, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect

working order of equal or better physical condition.

So it appears there is a lifetime warranty on the unit except for the electronics portion which is 5 years. I have a Lieca 1200 now and will compare them side by side when my Kilo gets here on Monday. But I have not been happy with my Lieca as far as the performance goes. Im lucky to get out to 800 in the field, on anything reflective it works great. If I could get the deer, elk, bear, antelope to start wearing street signs, I wouldn't need anything better. This last summer up shooting prairie dogs I couldn't range a mound over 500 and a couple times I tried to range a antelope on open ground that was 500-600 yds away and could not get a return. I have gotten further readings from it but its random and not reliable. The Leica is good but certainly not the best in my opinion. Mine is older and have had for a few years and maybe the newer ones are better. Im looking forward to the Kilo. It too may not be the absolute best LRF out there but from what I have read it beats everything else dollar for dollar. If you spend 3 times what the Sig costs then it should be better and out perform, so people need to be realistic when comparing products.

Well that is a joke. Lifetime Warranty. Oh, but except for the electronics. I hate that kind of deception. Sounds like they are a bunch of car sales people. MASH,I hate you have had a few issues. I have dropped mine, rolled it down a hill and it is still good to go.

I don't see how it is deception if they are upfront with there warranty on there website. The g7, ziess and leica only have a 2 year warranty and if you look around the Internet you will find all kinds of people having problems with warranty claims with leica. Now that I would consider deception.

Five years is still over 2x what you get with the other companies except for vortex witch I believe is actually a unlimited lifetime but not sure. Think of it like your getting a 5 year warranty and there going to throw in the lifetime warranty on the case and the eyepiece and the glass. No matter how you look at it it's still better than the Leica warranty with near equal performance between the two and half the cost. I don't understand your issue with the warranty but you don't have to buy one. it's just one for the next guy to buy and be happy with like everyone else one this thread.

Glad you bought one. I hope it is all you think it is. Yes 5 years is very good. However, five years means nothing if they do not take care of you. Yes, I checked the Web and Sig has plenty of "****ed customers." As far as quality, what is China known for.?Oh ,that's right, nothing,that's worth a dam. We sure want to send them more of our money and jobs. They steal from us everyday. Taking our jobs and our ideas. The only way that little old me can fight back is to not buy from China. So I do what I can.You still do not get the LIFE TIME WARRANTY thing. In their case it is an advertising ploy, a scam, a lie. So, I will leave it with the quote above " Time will Tell."

Glad you bought one. I hope it is all you think it is. Yes 5 years is very good. However, five years means nothing if they do not take care of you. Yes, I checked the Web and Sig has plenty of "****ed customers." As far as quality, what is China known for.?Oh ,that's right, nothing,that's worth a dam. We sure want to send them more of our money and jobs. They steal from us everyday. Taking our jobs and our ideas. The only way that little old me can fight back is to not buy from China. So I do what I can.You still do not get the LIFE TIME WARRANTY thing. In their case it is an advertising ploy, a scam, a lie. So, I will leave it with the quote above " Time will Tell."

What are the other companies claiming for warranty? Are they being deceptive? I was going to go with the Leica 1600, but when I read here and on 24hourcampfire about all the troubles folks were having I went with the Sig Kilo 2000. It smokes my old Leica 1200 scan.

Have you done a check to verify you are not purchasing anything from China?

I hope it is too but how do you know the lifetime warranty is a " advertising ploy, a scam, a lie" I get where you are coming from about the "lifetime warranty but only 5 years on electronics" deal but at least they cover the rest of the unit like a scope. I don't like sending China money any more than the next guy but I don't want to give it to Germany or France or Mexico any other country for that matter. You would be hard pressed to find a electronic product that doesn't have at least parts from another country. Just my .02

If you want something built in America, Vortex is it. Everything else is made overseas.

No america is the USA Not china, last time I picked up anything vortex they were just short of bragging about it being made in china.

99% of all electronics are made overseas but that's the reason there are numerous different brands of equipment. Buy what you want or prefer and be happy.

No america is the USA Not china, last time I picked up anything vortex they were just short of bragging about it being made in china.

Vortex newest optic is entirely American. This thread has gotten ridiculous, aparently the Sig has coolaid power, it is a decent unit but won't perform with the Leica 1600, YET, as there is some awesomeness in the pipe line, Sig is aggressively getting to the right shooters in this market and we'll see that in the future but I know Leica isn't just setting either, we may well be seeing an incredible next couple years for rangefinder tech!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.