SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

Anyone know what temperature it will be rated down to? Was in -14 and snow coyote hunting the last couple days and couldn't see the display on the Sig 2000 or the G7. It was very frustrating. Had to keep the g7 inside my shirt and then put my hand over the end of it to read the range. Combination of cold and bright conditions with the snow but now I'm hoping it will be addressed in the Sig 2400.

What is the basic difference in the 2200 versus the the original 2000 that a lot of us are currently using?

The 2200 is a 5% improvement overall vs the 2000. It also has an improved reticle.

On the hardest to hit target, the 2400 was a 30% improvement over the Kilo 2000, however over all it was 25% improvement. So the 2200 MR is the replacement to the 2000, with an upgraded reticle.

Anyone know what temperature it will be rated down to? Was in -14 and snow coyote hunting the last couple days and couldn't see the display on the Sig 2000 or the G7. It was very frustrating. Had to keep the g7 inside my shirt and then put my hand over the end of it to read the range. Combination of cold and bright conditions with the snow but now I'm hoping it will be addressed in the Sig 2400.

So you bring u some good points. The 2400 received an updated OLED Display. This should give it some improved cold weather performance over LCD displays. The battery is still subjected to the same thing all batteries are in cold weather. At a certain point they just don't like it.

The Sig Kilo 2400 has a variable brightness OLED, which under factory conditions adjusts with the amount of ambient light. HOWEVER, you can override this. You can set it to - (Auto, High 3, High 2, High 1, Med 3, Med 2, Med 1, Low 3, Low 2, Low 1). So you have 10 settings on this OLED. OLED displays function to a lower temperature than LCD displays do.

Last edited:
I have same problem with G7 in bright light or snow. Pretty terrible I think the amount of money you pay and cant read display. I have a 200 dollar range finder that I can see display clearly in any conditions. Have talked to gunwerks about it with no resolve, is what it is kinda answer. So I also hope the Sig 2400 is better than G7 with Display brightness.

This is a bit off the topic of Long Range but does the 2400 in stand alone RF mode provide inclination / angle compensation distance adjustments at very short / archery distances of say 30-60 yards? It's certainly small enough to use as an archery RF albeit overkill.

For instance, a lot of people don't know that the Leica 1600 does not provide inclination adjustments at distances less than roughly 100 yards but the Leica 1000 does and that is my archery RF since my G7 is way too big for me to manage in an archery situation.

I'd love to be able to sell my Leica 1000 and my G7 BR2 when my 2400 arrives and tests out.

Thanks!

~Robert

This is a bit off the topic of Long Range but does the 2400 in stand alone RF mode provide inclination / angle compensation distance adjustments at very short / archery distances of say 30-60 yards? It's certainly small enough to use as an archery RF albeit overkill.

For instance, a lot of people don't know that the Leica 1600 does not provide inclination adjustments at distances less than roughly 100 yards but the Leica 1000 does and that is my archery RF since my G7 is way too big for me to manage in an archery situation.

I'd love to be able to sell my Leica 1000 and my G7 BR2 when my 2400 arrives and tests out.

Thanks!

~Robert

Good question. I bow hunt too sometimes

I have same problem with G7 in bright light or snow. Pretty terrible I think the amount of money you pay and cant read display. I have a 200 dollar range finder that I can see display clearly in any conditions. Have talked to gunwerks about it with no resolve, is what it is kinda answer. So I also hope the Sig 2400 is better than G7 with Display brightness.

As you probably read earlier in this thread I got a chance to do some limited testing of a KILO 2400 recently. It was bright and sunny with lots of snow on the ground that afternoon and I kept testing right up until dark. I've had problems with both extremes with the G7 BR2's inability to adjust the display brightness enough in the past.

The KILO 2400 automatically adjusts the display brightness plus it has many more brightness levels. It worked perfectly for me in extremely bright and very low-light conditions. Also the 2400's reticle is thinner and more precise so it covers less of the image while still being perfectly visible. I was very excited about how much of an improvement it is over the G7 BR2 in that regard.

Thanks!

~Robert

I can't say for the 2400 regarding its performance for bow hunting but when I used the 2000 this year I had issues with it. Either not giving a reading or a bad ones. I have a TruPulse 200 which I've used for 6 years to compare it to.

Sorry Robert but you need some tough love and man up. The G7 is too big for bow hunting? Really?

As you probably read earlier in this thread I got a chance to do some limited testing of a KILO 2400 recently. It was bright and sunny with lots of snow on the ground that afternoon and I kept testing right up until dark. I've had problems with both extremes with the G7 BR2's inability to adjust the display brightness enough in the past.

The KILO 2400 automatically adjusts the display brightness plus it has many more brightness levels. It worked perfectly for me in extremely bright and very low-light conditions. Also the 2400's reticle is thinner and more precise so it covers less of the image while still being perfectly visible. I was very excited about how much of an improvement it is over the G7 BR2 in that regard.

That's great, thanks Andy
Will be selling the G7 and buying a 2400.

Thanks!

~Robert

Yes it will work. So in the display, it actually gives you an angle read out at the bottom. However, you can set it to AMR and use it at short range if you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts