• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SIG Kilo 2000

Jud96

Looking to buy a Sig Kilo 2000 for my Dad's Christmas gift. Let me know if anyone has one. Thanks guys.

Looking to buy a Sig Kilo 2000 for my Dad's Christmas gift. Let me know if anyone has one. Thanks guys.
Hey Jud, I used the Kilo 2000 on a rifle elk hunt on the Oregon coast a couple weeks ago. I could see the other side of the canyon approximately 600 yards across thru light fog and had plenty of visibility to take a shot but the 2000 couldn't give me a range.

On another occasion, same thing but with no fog just a very light mist or moisture in the air. I got readings of about 20-30 yards.

I'm not sure if this is the case with all range finders but I'm not impressed with the 2000. I emailed Sig twice thru their website and have never heard from them.

I can usually get ranges on trees in dry weather to about 800 yds. Never got the opportunity to range an animal but would not expect 800 yds, probably way less.

I've had really good luck with mine and have been able to range groundhogs and deer out to 1200 yards.

I've had really good luck with mine and have been able to range groundhogs and deer out to 1200 yards.
That's good to hear, mine could be bad or just doesn't like moist air which makes it pretty useless on the Oregon coast:(

I will have to call Sig and see what they say since they won't reply to email. Thanks.

022885CE-BBAE-40A6-AD9A-474274775B58.jpeg 4651F973-708D-4C3E-BDBC-AE6EB5BE0648.jpeg

I have a 2200 I'm about to part with. I just upgraded to the 2400 ABS. Let me know if interested. SIG rangefinders are great.

Pm me if interested

Last edited:
All range finders will have problems in fog and dense moist air as well as very cold temps. We had. A lieca, sig kilos, and Luepold all go down with those conditions. We couldn't range a cliff face with any of them at 5-600 yards.

I will be selling my kilos 2000 in about a month if your still looking then.