Sig cross magnum?

OG-danimal

I'm interested in this rifle but haven't been able to find out much about it online. All I know is they're only offering it in 300wm with an easily exchangeable barrel, and not sure when it will be released to market. Anyone know anything else or any reason why I should stay away from this rifle? Would love to put a 7prc pre fit on one.

I research this a couple years ago and from what I found out you'll never see a cross in a magnum caliber, because there's not enough material in the receiver to handle the pressures. You're basically stuck with 308 caliber/similar pressures.

I research this a couple years ago and from what I found out you'll never see a cross in a magnum caliber, because there's not enough material in the receiver to handle the pressures. You're basically stuck with 308 caliber/similar pressures.

The original cross may not, but this appears to be happening on a larger chassis.

I thought the cross was a similar design to an AR where the bolt locks into a barrel extension so the "receiver" isn't really a part of the "strength" equation---- I also thought the design of the cross barrel/extension was proprietary so ot was harder to find anyone to make an aftermarket barrel for it------- or maybe I'm just ill informed.

Yes, it appears as though the "Magnum" is being brought to market, at some point. I agree, the bolt lugs/barrel lockup seems to be handling the pressures not the aluminum receiver. There are a few pre-fit barrels out there, Proof being one of them, but I don't believe they were the 1st to market.

I'm fairly certain they had at least one in stock at Ally Outdoors in Midland Tx. last week. I was in there twice and looked at guns a few different places since then but pretty sure I saw one there. They did have the prs cross there too. I've got a Cross and while I have more expensive rifles I don't think any of them are better than the cross. Really well designed.

Last edited:
Well, Black Sheep had one this morning. Almost walked out with it, $2,579, but I already have a 300WM. More chamber offerings Sig! Overall I liked it, similar enough to my 308 (16") Sig Cross but a few changes.

The Good: The built in full length Arca cut was nice, so was the method to unlock/fold the stock up over my current cross, a single LH side button instead of the top push/pull design, good lock-up, no wiggle. The 2 stage trigger 'seemed' to have less initial travel than mine, nice and crisp break from there. The more vertical grip was better.

The Meh: The 'thumb rest' on the safety, it worked and didn't seem to feel all that different than operating a more typical AR style safety, could take or leave it. The Bronze anodize finish, nice to see something other than black….just not as nice as Cerakote.

The Bad: The stock does not lock up in the folded position like the original, probably a trade-off/casualty to the single LH button to fold it up not being as easy to get to like the original top method. To me this seems that it could flop open while on my pack, prefer the locked folded position. One could easily rotate the rifle so the stock is up against the pack I guess.

anyways, my thoughts folks