New Sig Cross Chassis Based 6.5lb Rifle

I'm not wrong with pressure rated per square inch. The base size of saum is .550, 308/30-06 with base of .473. ... Magnums are 116% the area of 308 base cases.
Mags run up to 64,000 psi is not uncommon. 308, 62,000 would be high side,
larger area into account, 62,000 x 116= 79,120 psi equivalent just with the larger bolt face. The step has been made, you were not looking for it. The Bolts and actions already have years of proof holding the power. <<<>>>> I really expect to see the revolution in the powder. Longer, slightly less aggressive spike with a better supersonic push. [The stuff dream are made from--- that creates Nightmares for engineers]

Hoplite has been testing high pressure cases for a while now. Their current action and bolt has been tested up to 152K. The barrel had to be cut out. The action and bolt were never damaged. Two and three piece case designs have been tested for awhile now. All reloadable.

SAMMI and powder is holding the industry back right now when it comes to velocities. It's starting to become more of sammi holding back on factory pressure specs.

I used to be a 60 gunner, [23 pound of Love before belts of 200rds] The amount of ammo for squad [Long range gun] matters. The weight of rifle and ammo for rifleman and snipers / spotters matter. Ammo weight and space by half compared to 338.. Quarter of a big 50. Long range squad gun will weigh half of what a 60 used to... this 277 would range 4-500meters past 5.56. // Makes all the sense in the world to me\\ USGI uses Chrome lined barrels.

Look at the video JE posted on new miltary 6.8.The Textron shoots caseless,telescopic ammo.As they described it.Crazy looking.As well as video of Sigs offering

I second the Q resemblance that someone mentioned in pg1
when Q formed I remember the (one of) lead engineer had come from sig sauer...so I wondered if it wasn't someth being worked on beforehand (although I assume there is some sort of NDA or whatever)...maybe they sold some tech back to sig...
I do like the "fix" better but that's because Im not aware of some of the sig specifics yet....really good to see!

1579917344930.png

From 6mmbr.com

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.