Sierra software

DENWA

Does anyone have the V6 Sierra Ballisitc software?

Is it worth it?

I've been using the freeware from Federal and remington.

According to Remmington if you move a 168grHPBT 308 (.46 BC) at 3100fps with a 300yds zero it only drops 40" at 600?

This just doesn't seem right.

I'm wondering if its time to get the Sierra?

Thanks

Does anyone have the V6 Sierra Ballisitc software?

Is it worth it?

I'm wondering if its time to get the Sierra?

Thanks

Hi there Denwa,

I cannot speak from first hand experience, but I can say a good friend of mine just recently purchased the Sierra V6 software and he loves it.

Couldn't stop him from making up drop charts for all of the local riflemen:D

It is extremely detailed in what data it collects from you and the charts it makes look very good.

Althought, I have to wonder if it's really that much better that the Hornady on-line calculator I've been using?...

Cheers.

I bought it and use it regularly. I like being able to make calculations using other manufacturers bullets in this software too.

It's a handy piece of software, and it's worth the price.

Sierra v6 results: 168 HPBT Sierra Match (BC 0.462) 3100 fps zeroed at 300 at default enviroment variables.

@ 600 yards the drop would be 48.66"

i have it as well but have yet to put it to good use. i have a friend that is using it as a starting point to build a Ballistic Calculator for the iphone. no more pda or laptop use hopefully!! i get to be his test subject. should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.