Sierra Bullets Has Been SOLD!!!

LDHunter

Clarus Corporation has bought Sierra Bullets.... Big news in the shooting industry and now comes the rush to buy a bunch of Sierra Bullets before all the old stock is gone to avoid getting new bullets possibly produced by a company that might be more interested in the bottom line more than quality and accuracy... LOL

http://www.mssblog.com/2017/08/24/sierra-bullets-sold-to-clarus-corporation/

Sounds like the recent purchase of Berger, but haven't seen any quality issues.

Welcome bullet price increases across the board!

Buying the dies to make my own is becoming more viable, every day...

Thanks for offer:), but dollars are slim right now...in the midst of engine rebuild on series 60 Detroit $$$$$$$$$$ looks like a full inframe...:eek:...was getting MPG on the oil..not the fuel

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is this company (Clarus) based? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it gives me a chill when the possibility arises that a manufacturer in the shooting industry is being controlled by someone who may end up being hostile to the 2nd Amendment. There are folks all over the world who resent our American freedom to keep and bear arms and it always makes me wonder what would happen if these foreign owners were pressured to clamp down. For example, try to buy bullets from a German company. Good luck! I contacted Brenneke and they won't talk to you. In Germany reloading is as tightly controlled as everything else firearms related, and they won't sell you anything. Of course they cite the international (i.e. United Nations) restrictions on arms sales, but that makes me feel no better. Just saying......

Sierra is not moving and will continue to manufacture the same bullets, on the same equipment, by the same people. I don't see any reason to rush to buy "old stock." There was mention of some new introductions to their kind, though. Clarus also own Safariland, and other outdoor businesses so I wouldn't worry about them being unfriendly to the second amendment.

Clarus Corp, Mormon in ownership (which purchased Black Diamond, Inc which was previously purchased from Yvon Chouinard circa 1991 by former employees to moved to SLC, UT - Morman mecca).

Yep, it's gonna be 'interesting'...

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/27272/clarus-acquires-sierra-bullets

At least the current management group shopped around to find a new group with similar goals, beliefs, etc. I think we may see Sierra ascendant once again, especially with having Berger as direct competition. Those new .264 142gr SMK look awfully Berger-ey IMHO. Now if we can just get that local lead mine back open...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.