Sierra BC

DONTSTROKEME

Where do you get the Balistic Coefficient for Sierra bullets? I don't see it in the Reloading manual....or am I just not looking in the right place?

Joe Oakes

Never looked in a reloading manual..
But curious, Why would BC be listed in one?
Doesn't have anything to do with reloading.

The Nosler Reloading manual has the BCs in it.
The Hornady Reloading manual has the BCs in it.
The Speer Reloading manual has the BCs in it.
The older Sierra Reloading manuals had the BCs in them.

Before the world was populated with people who could not figure out how to draw a breath without looking on the internet, we actually had to read books written in ink on paper to get information. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The bullet manufacturers who printed reloading manuals included BCs and drop charts and wind charts in the paper and ink books because we could not get the information through ESP unless we had been abducted by space aliens and had radio transmitters put in our brains. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now you know how Jimm managed to communicate with Scott while hunting Oryx down at Area 51.

Obviously reloading manuals are no longer needed..

Thanks to the information age, we can look up about anything quickly. We have reloading software which can be calibrated to our barrels, and so we can predict in a minute exactly what a combination of components will produce. We can calculate BC and stability for the bullets & barrels in our hands, under the conditions we shoot. We can design cartridges, reamers, and dies on our laptops during lunch. We can review patents, including drawings, sources, and references. We can communicate in B&W using email with component makers, including sharing drawings and specs, so that we actually get everything committed to. With this, we can hold anyone accountable as appropriate.
And most important, we communicate in forums to share and gather specific information with each other.

There was a time in my life when I visited libraries atleast weekly. I had 20+ magazine subscriptions. I must have hundreds of expensive books in boxes.
I can hardly believe it now.

So yes it seems odd to me that people still buy books for reference, only to declare ambiguity..

Main reason was to find what the drop would be at different charges, if it would be worth it to increase charges. Also a book is maybe $30, and most books have the BC in them as stated. I don't know how much the CPU program costs. I just thought it was odd that Sierra didn't list them with the different bullet weights and types.

What web or laptop program can tell you what the manufacturer designed the bullet to perform like?

Not being mean but just trying to see what you use to figure out BC?

Joe Oakes

[ QUOTE ]
There was a time in my life when I visited libraries atleast weekly. I had 20+ magazine subscriptions. I must have hundreds of expensive books in boxes.
I can hardly believe it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed.

if you go to midway they show the bc on bullets.bring up the bullet you want to shoot then click on the tec info.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts