• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sierra 6.5 GK at Midway now.

It is estimated there were 5 million first time firearms owners added in 2020. The demand for ammunition from that group alone is incredible. I have had numerous people approach me in our local sporting goods store that are wanting to start reloading and are desperate for components. They can't find loaded ammunition so they are wanting to make the switch. They are also fueling the demand. They are gladly paying to get the things they want/need, because they have nothing. One person yesterday was showing me a picture of a pound of powder he had found and wanting to know if it was any good or not. He had purchased it because it was the only powder he could find. Supply and demand can be great and cruel at the same time. Prices are going to go up whether we like it or not and when they do go back down they won't go back to what we would of called normal. Just my two coppers worth.

It is estimated there were 5 million first time firearms owners added in 2020. The demand for ammunition from that group alone is incredible. I have had numerous people approach me in our local sporting goods store that are wanting to start reloading and are desperate for components. They can't find loaded ammunition so they are wanting to make the switch. They are also fueling the demand. They are gladly paying to get the things they want/need, because they have nothing. One person yesterday was showing me a picture of a pound of powder he had found and wanting to know if it was any good or not. He had purchased it because it was the only powder he could find. Supply and demand can be great and cruel at the same time. Prices are going to go up whether we like it or not and when they do go back down they won't go back to what we would of called normal. Just my two coppers worth.
This. Kiss the days of 9.99 Winchester white box 9mm good bye.

If anyone honestly told me they were desperate for ammo and decided reloading was the answer I d kindly tell them to look for factory ammo first as it ll be available before components get back in stock. Then if they still want to learn to reload or to 'roll their own' as a new hobby then have at it... but again, factory will be more readily available sooner. At least that's my opinion.

I stopped buying from Midway USA a couple of months ago. Felt that Larry was taking advantage of me and after all the money I sent him!!!!!!!!! Not anymore!!!

If anyone honestly told me they were desperate for ammo and decided reloading was the answer I d kindly tell them to look for factory ammo first as it ll be available before components get back in stock. Then if they still want to learn to reload or to 'roll their own' as a new hobby then have at it... but again, factory will be more readily available sooner. At least that's my opinion.
Agreed. Ammo will continue to be the focus for manufacturers