Sierra 165gr Gamechanger 7mm Bullet Performance?

Montana73

LRH Team Member
Am interested in this bullet. Could see .610 BC in my 7 STW which is better than the 160 Accubond. Since it is based on a thicker wall Matchking could be a nice bullet.

Has anyone used this bullet. Hoping to use in a 1:9 twist barrel.

Hunterjones

I have shot a bunch of them out of several rifles which have proven very accurate with other bullets and I still have not found a gun that really likes them yet......

cohunt

tried them in my 7rem mag, the eld-x seemed to expand better than the GC and I couldnt find a load any better than 1.25 with the GC (but didnt try too hard to find it either)

zr600

I have shot them in mine it’s a criterion barrel 26” barrel 1.8 twist had a good node around 2950ish. Barrel speed up to 3050 ish same load after 200 rounds or so groups opened up some but I think if I backed it off to the 2950ish it would be good again. It was shooting .5moa at 100 with good es/sds at the 2950 FPS range.

CEB

I shoot them in one of my 7WSM with a Brux #3 1-8.5" twist at 3030fps. Shoots them fairly well, 3-4" groups at 500 yards, but never been fully satisfied with the accuracy. No shots on aniamls yet.

crazyhorse

Same story as the others...

Just couldn't get them to shoot in my 7RM which is a rifle that shoots everything else I've played with from Hammers to Hornady. I tried them for a couple of reasons 1) Sierra traditionally produces very accurate bullets 2) I have a shooting partner who uses them in a 280AI and they shoot sub-half moa and have performed flawlessly for him on whitetail. They seem to perform very similar to an Accubond in a hunting application.

CEB

I do shoot the 165s in a 300WSM Winchester Extreme Weather and have been very happy with their accuracy. Also did a ladder test with the Gamechanger in my 280AI and it showed promise but never tested it any further. So I think they are worth trying out.