Shout out to Leica CS

Just wanted to post kudos to Leica's customer service. I purchased a pair of Geovid 3200.com 10x42's that arrived on Friday afternoon. I could not for the life of me get the bluetooth connection to work over the weekend (neither the app nor the kestrel), and was frustrated as many have been at the thought of spending that kind of money on something that didn't work. I spent a fair amount of time doing my internet searches and trying various things that didn't really get me anywhere over the weekend.

I called Leica's CS this morning and was put in touch with Mr. Hamilton Boykin. Left a VM and he called back a few hours later. A 20 minute phone call, and all is up and running as it should be. I'm not really sure what we did different over the course of the phone call, but certainly can't eliminate user error as the cause of my initials struggles.

Regardless, Mr. Boykin was patient, thorough, and professional in his help, and wanted to post something in appreciation for the support they provided.

Thought I would add to this rather than start a new thread. Sent in my Geovids for a focus issue. These were bought as demos about 4 years ago so technically out of warranty. They fixed them and sent them back with no change to me other than shipping to get them there. I am pretty happy with their CS.

Hamilton and I, him helping me, go back about 8-9 years when I got my Geovid 10x42 HD-B's. He continually responds to my requests for help. He helped move into my 3200.com about 1-1/2 yrs back, literally walking/talking me through step A through Z, as I sat at my dining room table with the back door open as I ranged stuff up on the mountain. Also, bluetoothing them to my Kestrel 5700 Elite. Then, my 3200.com's had ranging issue last April and he put me in touch with Stacey McHeny, Customer Care Manager who promptly got them returned to Leica for warranty. They sent me a new pair the following month just in time for the NRL22 National Championship, Memorial Day weekend in Missouri. Luckily, I finally met Hamilton at the Hunting and Conservation Expo in Salt Lake City, February 2022. He showed me the new Geovid Pro's and I immediately ordered them. They arrived about 3 weeks back and, again, he talked me through setting them up. Much easier as they are so very intuitive. I've used them for three, 3-4 day weekend hunts. The precise dope got me a nice little 3-pt muley buck at 588 yds last weekend. Hopefully, this coming weekend for a cow elk hunt. I can't say enough good about Leica and their people.

Alan

I lost an eye cup assembly on my Geovids this spring and they had a new set to my door in 3 days free of charge. Absolutely nothing but good things to say about their glass and customer service

Yep, I lost the eyecup off my 2800.com and they had a new one in my mailbox in less than a week!