Shout out to LabRadar customer service

entoptics

Figured I'd let everyone know about a good experience with LabRadar.

Purchased the unit in almost exactly 2 years ago in 2018. Awhile back, the buttons kinda went "loose", and there was something rattling inside the case. Still worked fine up until a few weeks ago, when it went completely south. Something broke loose inside, the screen tilted in the housing, and the buttons were recessed as if the mounting hardware inside was broken.

Along with at least a thousand "normal" pistol and rifle rounds, this unit has suffered another 2 thousand rounds of braked 300WM, 44 Mag, 454 Casull, and even a few 500 SW, so I'm not complaining about durability. It's had a harder life than most I suspect.

I contacted LabRadar CS about repair (well before CoViD hit the scene), and was told ~2 weeks turn around and $50 for a new case/mounting hardware, though potentially more if there was bad stuff inside.

I finally mailed it back 3/24/20, and of course told them I would understand delays due to the current crisis. It showed up on my door today. New rear case, perfect working order (tested today). Apparently no charge.

My only mild complaint was lack of communication. Other than the initial email regarding return, I never heard another word from them, even after a follow up when tracking showed it had arrived (and been delivered "to neighbor as requested"). I was a little worried that they'd shut down or something, and that my unit would be in limbo.

Other than the radio silence, I gotta say this is some outstanding customer service.

1) Shorter than reported turn around
2) No charge after reported $50 plus cost
3) All during a dang pandemic!

Kudos.

I had the back cover of mine start to crack at the corners. I have no idea why, as it's always in a padded case, has never fallen, etc.

I sent them photos of the unit and they asked me to send it in for repairs. 1 week after I shipped it the unit arrived back at my house, no charge for the repair. I received emails when they shipped and when it arrived. Oh, and the only way they could have turned it around so quickly is if they fixed and shipped all in the same day.

No idea why it was cracking but they have excellent service and fast turnaround.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.