Shoulder bumping loaded rounds

Nope. No issue to bump a couple thousandths on a loaded round. The pressure difference isn't even worth discussing.

Last edited:
people will say not to do it, but the same people saying this will use a kinetic hammer and beat the hell out of a case to pull a bullet. just wear safety goooooogles and some kevlar gloves to be a little safe. I am fixing to bump a few back myself bout 80 to be exact

people will say not to do it, but the same people saying this will use a kinetic hammer and beat the hell out of a case to pull a bullet. just wear safety goooooogles and some kevlar gloves to be a little safe. I am fixing to bump a few back myself bout 80 to be exact

" and some kevlar gloves to be a little safe"?????

Do you wear kevlar gloves when seating bullets? It is 1,000 times more dangerous than bumping the shoulder..

I had a bunch of .300 WSM loaded up that would not close the bolt after rebarreling my rifle. A quick trip to the loading bench with the Redding Body Die and carefully adjusting the die until the bolt would comfortably close and presto, all rounds fired just fine. I checked after the first couple looking for pressure signs and there were none. These were accuracy hunting loads, not some hot loads anyway so I really didn't expect there to be any issues. The accuracy still wasn't half bad on them either.

It's not about the rounds going off while bumping that is very unlikely to happen it's more about what effect the change of internal case volume may have on chamber pressures .

Do you wear kevlar gloves when seating bullets? It is 1,000 times more dangerous than bumping the shoulder..
what does it matter I don't wear gloves when I'm running a DCM or petting my pet porky pine or my pet skunk only when I drink milk

Picture 016.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts