Short Mag Primers

I shoot Federal GM215M primers in my WSMs, and they work great. I have experimented some with the GM210Ms, and they also worked very well. My rifle seemed to like the 215's just a bit better, but I also work up my loads at very cold temps (10-25 degrees) so that everything is the same as when I hunt with the rifle. I felt like the 215's got the powder burning a little better at those cold temps.

John Lazzeroni has several different posts on the subject, and probably has more technical experience with the short mag style cartridges than most. He prefers the 210's. You can do a search and find everything he has said, but here's a thread I found quickly:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/john-lazzeroni-new-member-81327/index4.html

In the 6.5 saum 4s I have for sale. The cci250 primers work great. I have seen in rounds like the 338 norma, 338 Edge, 300 Win. Mag and others. So look at the cci250 mag primers.

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.