Shooting rest

I can change a flat tire with my rest......

HPIM3744.jpg

I have a nice collection of store bought and homemade shooting rest and bipods . Socks and inner tubes filled with bb's, sand , rice and beans.

I have a nice collection of store bought and homemade shooting rest and bipods . Socks and inner tubes filled with bb's, sand , rice and beans.
All great ideas. Some people are very resourceful, I'm not one of them but thanks for the ideas. I have a few of those jacks in the garage collecting dust. I might just try to adapt one for the range.

Black dirt cowboy are you loading your bipod? The verticle in your group can be eliminated if you do. If you already load it then your load is off ever so slightly. Looks like that rifle wants to shoot one hole.
Shep

All great ideas. Some people are very resourceful, I'm not one of them but thanks for the ideas. I have a few of those jacks in the garage collecting dust. I might just try to adapt one for the range.
i built a scissor jack rest and the jack I used would rock side to side too much.

I bought a Lyman Benchrest (cast Aluminium) and no matter what orientation, of the feet, I used, it rocked back being unstable. So I fixed it.

I got three 1" x 1/2" x 11" steel bars, some lead, roll pins. I drilled and tapped 5/16" holes in the ends of the bars and one around the middle. Removed the leveling points from the BR. Drilled 1/16" holes on the underside of the legs and drove in the roll pins and poured molten lead into each recess of the legs and around the center section of the BR. Hose clamps around the legs because I didn't take into account shrinkage.

Now it's stable and heavy.

Here are a couple of pics.

Black dirt cowboy are you loading your bipod? The verticle in your group can be eliminated if you do. If you already load it then your load is off ever so slightly. Looks like that rifle wants to shoot one hole.
Shep

please elaborate on
"Loading the bipod"
I'm not sure what that
Means.

Yeah I'm loading the bipod. That group was just a picture of the powder node. I hadn't done any seating depth adjustments at that point.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.