Shooters World Precision

Shane Lindsey

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Anyone using this in a 308 Win?

I have found it to pressure up very fast with very slow velocities. 152s, 165s, and 175s have been it so far. Also found in my very rudimentary test with ammo in the freezer and stored in a cooler it lost almost a FPS/degree.

Curious what other folks have found. Definitely not a Varget replacement...

Ive tested it and found it to be very accurate and gave me single digit numbers. It was designed to be an alternative to Varget. According to an article Handloader mag did on it, it was less temp sensitive than Varget.

What cartridge(s)?

I read an article and the test seemed to be swayed. I can't find it again, but the temp test was not realistic in the article. Not close to hunting temps. My temp test showed the opposite as Varget. 1FPS/Degree is on par with Rl17 without the gain in velocity.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, as it is powder I have on hand.

I tried it in my 6.5x284 Norma with the 109 Absolute Hammer and it didn't like it.

I will be using it to fireform some 338 Sherman in a bit. Depending how it does, may try it with the 175 HH.

So far my 308 shoots it well, but just not fast. ES is pretty high with any velocity, but 180s with accuracy was high 2380s or so. 152 Hammer Hunter is going 2799 FPS and the 175 Berger is 2440 FPS. These are from a 20" barrel.

My experience with hammers is they prefer faster burning powders in my 257ai, 7x57ai, 250ai, 284. My 284 likes imr4166. Good luck

I'v an 8lb keg and a couple pounders and it's a direct replacement for Varget, which I use too. Shooters World powders is good stuff, have many different flavors.

Are you loading it almost grain for grain? In what cartridges?

I found it to get me less velocity as same and pressure is higher.

Maybe just me.

Are you loading it almost grain for grain? In what cartridges?

I found it to get me less velocity as same and pressure is higher.

Maybe just me.
Shooters World & Hodgdon data for Precision are the same, but at this point, I don't really use book data, it's just reference.

6.5CM with 123-130 ELDM
223REM with 75 ELDM
6.5Grendel with 123 ELDM