Shooters world

If you go to Midsouth and click on the 1lb bottle of this powder someone commented on it using a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 CM, this person mentioned sub moa accuracy. I have looked at this powder, but I cannot find if it is temp insensitive.

I have shooting buddies that have used it... they say charge for charge vs h4350, sw4350 will give lower velocity at the same pressure. Same with precision vs varget. But both gave good accuracy. May also look at long rifle, I believe it is near 4350 burn rate.

thats good to know my reloading store recommend it to me and i have several loads up for my 300 wsm and id like to try it in the 260 rem with 130 bergers just to play around with.

When it came out, I picked up Clean Shot, Ultimate Pist, Heavy Pist, Buffalo, BlackOut, Tact, Match, Precision and 4350. In the Rifle powders, I have found they ALL build pressure faster than "big names"... All have given me MOA loads and MATCH is my go to for Grendel Bolt Action... and my 204 likes it and Tact. I ordered another 2 lbs of 4350 last year after season and it does deliver good loads for me and deer rifles. All I can say is, TRY IT
If I may give some advice, START LOW in all powders. I have found pressure signs before reaching their recommended MAX. Speed isnt a huge factor for me , as most of my hunting shots are 50-175 yards....so I am not pushing "limits"... I don't see S.W. taking over the market, but I really like MATCH in 4 different rifles.
I use a lot of Ultimate Pistol and Clean Shot, but watch Ult.Pist. in hot temp.'s I allowed 50 loads to sit in the sun during a July day of shooting 9mm and I had 124's running 1300fps....they were a little "poppy" to say the least. Again, please, START LOW with Shooters World...

I know this is not the quessiton you asked but I have found that anything that loves I/H4350 does pretty well with RL-17 for mid & lighter bullets and RL-19 (more like 4831) in heavier bullets. I get higher velocity at the same pressure in my, .260 Rem, son's and biz partner 6.5 CM, 7mm-08 and 30-06.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts