Shipping a firearm

KNOTFERSAIL

FedEx and UPS website both say absolutely no shipping a firearm unless you are a licensed FFL. Question is…when you sell a firearm on here and ship from an "individual" to the buyers FFL how does that work?
What is the process for the seller? (individual)
Do all you "individuals" have an FFL to sell on here? I have never sold on line, so I'm not in the know.
Thanks

I'm in the land of the great white North so USPS is about it since UPS and FedEx charge 1 billion dollars to ship anything in and out of here. I usually if there's no box available try and break it down to the smallest overall size I can get, new postal regulations make Dimensions more brutal than weight. There must be a National Database of ffls because as soon as they type their address into the postal thing the post office usually asks is this a gun going to an FFL. I just click the Box on the tab saying yes and that's usually the end of that aside from the shockingly high prices were paying these days to ship things.

So you ship firearms with USPS and you don't have an FFL? I'm just asking cause I'd like to possibly sell a pistol and not sure of the logistics.

Thanks for your reply

Oh no I've only shipped long guns USPS. I don't have an FFL but they all went to ffls. Hopefully someone else chimes in on the handguns I don't know all the ins and outs of that but I do know it's different for at least some.

FedEx and UPS website both say absolutely no shipping a firearm unless you are a licensed FFL.
This is correct
Question is…when you sell a firearm on here and ship from an "individual" to the buyers FFL how does that work?
What is the process for the seller? (individual)
Both seller and buyer are responsible for making arrangements and ensuring the firearm is sent/received with current FFL license holders. Both FFLs' information is shared. The transaction is from the seller's FFL to the buyer's FFL.
Do all you "individuals" have an FFL to sell on here? I have never sold on line, so I'm not in the know.
No.

This is correct

Both seller and buyer are responsible for making arrangements and ensuring the firearm is sent/received with current FFL license holders. Both FFLs' information is shared. The transaction is from the seller's FFL to the buyer's FFL.

No.
Hey thanks. Starting to make sense now.

Pistols are different.
You have to have an FFL to ship a Pistol to another FFL. Shipping a pistol between Sate lines is a Felony.
Now there were other exceptions such as sending a pistol back to the manufacture for repair.
These firearm laws are changing so fast every couple of months.
Check with the ATF before shipping. They have the information on their website.

I'll check the ATF site and talk with my local FFL. It might be a bigger pain in the @ss then it's worth for a pistol that's probably not overly sought after. M&P 380 bodyguard

Thanks everyone 👍

I'll check the ATF site and talk with my local FFL. It might be a bigger pain in the @ss then it's worth for a pistol that's probably not overly sought after. M&P 380 bodyguard

Thanks everyone 👍
There is no need to complicate things unnecessarily. Put the burden of responsibility on the FFL holder. I do not know the going rate at your end, but my FFL only charges me $20 for the transfer fee (not including shipping).

Last edited: