Shilen Built Rem 40XBR........

mindcrime

I have an extremely clean Shilen Built Remington 40XBR single shot........for Sale, although I would consider Trades for a Custom Action/Custom Rifle (more info below):

It's currently sporting a VIRGIN HV Accumax II [Gain Twist, and Choke rifled, 1-13.25" twist] barrel chambered in .262 necked 6mm PPC.

I have a spare LV Hart 1-14" "fire-forming" barrel to go along with the package.

20 MOA Kelby Bases, because I was going turn this into a F-Class rifle in .257 H&H or 6.5 Grendel. Kelby Rings, and Risers allowing one to shoot entirely free recoil.

The Morgan Adjustable recoil pad "can be included" with a fair deal, as well as the correct Wilson Hand Dies; sorry my Arbor Press is NOT for sale.

T-36x Weaver with the 1/8 Target Dot reticule.

Custom machined Bolt: Custom Bolt Head with Sako Extractor threaded onto the factory 40XBR bolt body, with three pressure relief holes in the event that over pressure blows a primer.

2 Oz. Shilen Trigger. The action has been glued into the stock, as per Benchrest Custom.

The Bolt Head could easily be opened up for the likes of a 6.5x47 Lapua, which was another consideration of mine.

-------> I'm ONLY wanting to sell/trade because I am wanting to build a tack-driving Rem 700 in 7mm Rem Mag (long-throated for the 180 or the 195 Bergers), with a 1-8" Twist.

I already have an older Rem 700 with the High Nickel content bolt handle (back when Remington built them much better), however it is currently a 25-06 (I also have a spare older style bolt with the Magnum Bolt Face---also high nickel handle). I have a 1-8" X-Caliber Remage ready to go, however I am wanting the action completely Blue Printed, and a M-16 or Sako Extractor.

I would trade for a custom Remington 700 BDL Type "CLONE" Custom action that is Blue Printed OUT-OF-THE-BOX; or a Completed Rifle that matches what I am going to build. Depending on any interest, I might sell the Older very low round count 25-06 barreled action, the older Rem 700 bolt with the Magnum Bolt Face, and I would sell the brand new X-Caliber 7mm Rem Mag, 1-8" twist.......ALL depending on "interest."

I'm going to "ask" $2500 for the pictured rifle, dies, and new Lapua brass; NEGOTIABLE.

20200226_135958.jpg
20200226_140021.jpg
20200226_140156.jpg20200226_140311.jpg20200226_140346.jpg

Recent Posts

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce